Software EngineerLocation: Albuquerque, New Mexico Categories: Software Engineering Req ID: 2022-7012 Potential to Telecommute: Hybrid
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is seeking a Software Engineerto support the Air Force Research Laboratory/Space Vehicles Directorate (AFRL/RV's) space cyber lab as part of a team of software engineers and cyber experts. This is a full-time position located at Kirtland Air Force Base, Albuquerque, NM with minimal opportunity to work remotely.
At MTSI, our more than 1,600+ co-owners recognize the high demand for specialized professionals within our industry and that you have many options to choose from. We support some of the most important and critical programs to our national security and defense within aviation, space, ballistic missile and unmanned systems. We specialize in Systems engineering & integration, modeling & simulation, acquisitions & program support, test & evaluation, mission assurance & cybersecurity to name a few.
As an 100% employee owned company where culture matters we all have a stake in each other's success, and the success of our customers and we believe that by investing in our people we are investing in our company’s future! As our first core value states, MTSI is an "employees come first" company with over 29 years of consecutive growth since 1993 and a 92% retention rate across our entire organization, we challenge our co-owners to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry. Check out MTSI's 4.7 rating on GLASSDOOR
Day one, all new co-owners start accruing PTO at a rate of 20 days + 10 federal holidays/year with (flexible schedules), semi-annual bonuses, 6% 401k match with immediate vesting, and eligibility to participate in our Company funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - a separate qualified retirement account. We also offer our employee focused benefits, including up to $10,000 in annual tuition reimbursement and an optional zero deductible Blue Cross/Blue Shield health insurance plan.
For additional company information: www.mtsi-va.com
As a Software Engineer with MTSI you will support AFRL/RV's space cyber lab as part of a team of software engineers and cyber experts. This is a full-time position located at Kirtland Air Force Base, Albuquerque, NM with minimal opportunity to work remotely.
Your essential job functions will include but may not be limited to:
- Investigates satellite flight software for vulnerabilities.
- Applies various cyber tools for investigation and cyber-hardening.
- Helps designs secure architectures.
- Performs test & evaluation.
- Develops cyber-resilient flight software.
- 5+ years' relevant experience with interest in embedded programming on micro-processors and controllers.
- Experience developing in C, C++, C# or RUST.
- Knowledge with configuration management tools such as git and gitlab.
- Experience with cyber security concepts and cyber security tools.
- A desire to design and develop secure software solutions.
- Experience with Containers (Docker, Docker Compose).
- Experience in Dev/Sec Ops.
- Experience developing Embedded Systems software.
- Experience with VMs (VMWare, Virtual Box).
- Cyber Security expertise.
- Bachelor of Science or higher in Computer Science or related field.
- None to start, but must be Secret Eligible.
- Active Secret Clearance, (Desired).
- U.S. Citizenship is required for this position.
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
Opportunities at MTSI
- Mechanical/Structural Engineering SME Huntsville,Alabama 12/02/2022
- Principal Model Based Systems Engineer - MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
- Junior Model Based Systems Engineer / MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.