Space RCO – Lead Integrator and Architect (LI&A) Subject Matter Expert (SME)Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico Categories: Engineering Req ID: 2022-6796 Potential to Telecommute: No
MTSI is seeking a highly skilled Lead Integrator and Architect (LI&A) Subject Matter Expert (SME) to serve on the Space Rapid Capabilities Office (RCO) Systems Engineering & Technical Assistance (SETA) contract. The Space RCO, located at Kirtland AFB, NM, is a small, streamlined organization with dedicated, organic acquisition support functions: contracting, financial management, human resources, security, program management and technical engineering support that are critical in enabling the rapid response required for classified space programs. Their mission is to develop and deliver operationally dominant United States Space Force (USSF) capabilities at the speed of warfighting relevance. They expedite delivery and deployment of space capabilities in response to the Commander, U.S. Space Command requirements.
The successful candidate should be an expert strategist and problem solver with a proven ability to produce superior results with high performing teams in a high-profile, fast-paced environment
At MTSI, our more than 1,400+ co-owners recognize the high demand for specialized professionals within our industry and that you have many options to choose. As an employee owned company where culture matters, we believe that by investing in our people we are investing in our company’s future!
MTSI’s core capabilities are Systems Engineering and Integration, Modeling and Simulation, Test and Evaluation, Acquisition and Program Support, and Mission Assurance services. Our expertise includes ballistic missile defense, air defense, air vehicle survivability, unmanned aircraft, flight test operations, intelligence support, and cyber/space/homeland defense.
Recognized as an "employee comes first" company with over 27 years of consecutive growth we challenge our co-owners to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry. Day one all new co-workers start accruing PTO at a rate of 20 days, 6% 401k match with immediate vesting, semi-annual bonuses, and eligibility to participate in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). We offer other employee focused benefits, including up to $10k in tuition reimbursement and an optional zero dollar deductible BCBS health insurance plan.
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
As a Space RCO with MTSI you will work in small and highly empowered teams where every team member is directly responsible for the success of the Space RCO. Engineering responsibilities span technology domains including space-rated/qualified hardware, software, sensors, and processors in an extremely fast-paced, responsive development environment. This SETA candidate will provide in-depth background on operational and C2 architectures, satellite vehicle bus design and integration of subsystems to improve program office insight into state-of-the art IC, DoD, commercial and legacy space systems. You must apply advanced principles, theories, and concepts for highly classified systems, while also effectively communicating complex results with management and executive leadership. This position will be located in the Albuquerque, NM area.
LI&A SME Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Function as the single point of contact leading and representing the Space RCO across the entire Space Architectural Planning community.
- Work directly with Space RCO senior leaders to plan, coordinate, produce, and manage tailored architectural products.
- Integrate tailored engineering and management products for multiple ACAT I through ACAT III equivalent programs ensuring consistent application of systems engineering functions across the portfolio.
- Manage architecture interfaces with other acquisition organizations and space operations units.
- Build common space domain architecture plans and ensure Space RCO programs satisfy requirements to meet evolving threats as identified by Combatant Commands.
- Serve as primary interface with architecture teams from USSF, USAF, major acquisition centers, other rapid acquisition organizations, Federally Funded Research and Development Corporations (FFRDCs), government agencies, and research laboratories.
- Develop and maintain standard Space RCO program processes for reporting, systems engineering processes, and digital engineering management of baselines, interfaces, and designs.
- Serve on Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) for issues dealing with Space Systems Architecture, operational testing and transition of space systems, strategic planning, and other technical boards as needed.
- Provide expert engineering, acquisition, management, and technical assistance to senior leaders as needed.
- Minimum fifteen (15) years DoD/IC, or relevant industry work experience
- Exceptional and/or unique qualifications in development and fielding satellite systems
- Understanding of operational environment and corresponding mission user needs
- Knowledge of space system engineering, development, and manufacturing
- Experience in DoD program management including program development and transition
- Experience with Integrated Master Schedules, and risk management
- Experience with Statements of Work (SOW) and Performance Work Statements (PWS)
- Ten (10) years of relevant DoD and/or Industry work experience with SAP and/or SCI
- System Engineering Technical Assistance (SETA) to Government program office
- Experience with rapid prototyping
- Experience with integrated air, space and cyberspace capabilities
- Experience developing, deploying, and maintaining ground mission planning architecture and software
- Experience with ACAT I/II level acquisition programs
- Experience using multivariable optimization in mission planning software systems
- Experience in planning and executing test campaigns for space systems
- Fluency with IC organizations
- An applicable engineering degree from a from a program accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) or possess a Professional Engineering license.
- Relevant MA/MS/ME degree.
- Active TOP SECRET clearance with sensitive compartmentalized information (SCI) and special access program (SAP) eligibility (no less than 5 years total SAP and/or SCI environment experience, with 1-year total within last 5 years) and willingness to submit to a Counter-Intelligence polygraph
Opportunities at MTSI
- Mechanical/Structural Engineering SME Huntsville,Alabama 12/02/2022
- Principal Model Based Systems Engineer - MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
- Junior Model Based Systems Engineer / MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to email@example.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.