Space RCO - Mission Payload Specialist/RF Engineer SMELocation: Albuquerque, New Mexico Categories: Systems Engineering Req ID: 2022-6004 Potential to Telecommute: No
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is searching for a highly skilled Mission Payload Specialist (MPS) / RF Engineer to support development of first-of-kind space vehicles and missions. This handpicked candidate must possess technical expertise and experience with developing, designing, building, and integrating advanced mission payload hardware and software. In this position, you will provide System Engineering Technical Assistance (SETA) to the Space Rapid Capabilities Office (RCO). The Space RCO program office, located at Kirtland AFB, NM, is a small, streamlined organization with dedicated, organic acquisition support functions: contracting, financial management, human resources, security, program management and technical engineering support that are critical in enabling the rapid response required for classified space programs. The mission is to develop and deliver operationally dominant space capabilities at the speed of warfighting relevance in response to Commander, U.S. Space Command requirements. A successful candidate should be a leader and problem solver with a proven ability to deliver superior results as part of a high performing team in a high-profile, fast-paced environment.
At MTSI, our more than 1,400+ co-owners recognize the high demand for specialized professionals within our industry and that you have many options to choose. As an employee owned company where culture matters, we believe that by investing in our people we are investing in our company’s future!
MTSI’s core capabilities are Systems Engineering and Integration, Modeling and Simulation, Test and Evaluation, Acquisition and Program Support, and Mission Assurance services. Our expertise includes ballistic missile defense, air defense, air vehicle survivability, unmanned aircraft, flight test operations, intelligence support, and cyber/space/homeland defense.
Recognized as an "employee comes first" company with over 27 years of consecutive growth we challenge our co-owners to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry. Day one all new co-workers start accruing PTO at a rate of 20 days, 6% 401k match with immediate vesting, semi-annual bonuses, and eligibility to participate in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). We offer other employee focused benefits, including up to $10k in tuition reimbursement and an optional zero dollar deductible BCBS health insurance plan.
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
As an Mission Payload Specialist (MPS) / RF Engineer with MTSI you work in a small, highly empowered team where every team member is directly responsible for the success of the program. Engineering responsibilities span technology domains including space-rated/qualified RF and communications hardware, software, sensors, and processors in an extremely fast-paced, responsive development environment. This SETA candidate will provide in-depth background on satellites, space and ground based systems, and integration of RF and communication subsystems to improve program office insight into state-of-the art IC, DoD, commercial and legacy space systems, RF and C2 requirements and capabilities. You must apply advanced principles, theories, and concepts for highly classified systems, while also effectively communicating complex results with management and executive leadership. This position will be located in Albuquerque, NM in vicinity of Kirtland AFB, NM.
Your essential job functions will include but may not be limited to:
- Supports design, interpretation, and analysis of technical solutions to complex projects.
- Leads or supports technical programs, projects, or tasks whose technical complexity requires engineering oversight.
- Ensures completion of tasks within estimated time frames and budget constraints.
- Provides input to the government customer concerning risks to performance, schedule, and budget due to either proposed contractor plans or contractor's execution of accepted plans.
- Ensure the quality of the program, project, or task deliverables meet or exceed standards or metrics and assesses such deliverables to ensure that the final deliverables will meet the warfighting purpose for which they are intended.
- Plans and performs engineering research, design development, and other engineering assignments in conformance with the design, engineering, and customer specifications.
- Responsible for the overall technical/engineering portions of major projects or programs.
- Coordinates with multiple partners/agencies to ensure system engineering communities support delivery milestones.
- Tracks and advises design trades and associated cost, schedule, and technical impacts to requirements.
- Initiates, supervises, and/or develops requirements from a project’s inception to conclusion for complex to extremely complex programs.
- Provides strategic advice, technical guidance and expertise to program and project staff.
- Provides detailed analysis, evaluation and recommendations for improvements, optimization development and/or maintenance efforts for client specific or mission critical challenges/issues
- Consults with client to define need or problem.
- Supervises studies and leads surveys to collect and analyze data to provide advice and recommend solutions.
- Communicate clearly, concisely, and with technical accuracy—oral and written.
- Other duties as required.
- Minimum fifteen (15) years DoD/IC, or relevant industry work experience.
- Skilled in development and fielding RF and communication systems.
- Experience with advanced RF and SATCOM Payloads.
- Understanding of space operational environment and corresponding mission user needs.
- Knowledge of space mission payload engineering, development, and manufacturing.
- Experience in DoD program management including program development and transition.
- Experience with Integrated Master Schedules, and risk management.
- Experience with Statements of Work (SOW) and Performance Work Statements (PWS).
- Ten (10) years of relevant DoD and/or Industry work experience with SAP/RSV and/or SCI.
- System Engineering Technical Assistance (SETA) to Government program office.
- Experience with rapid prototyping.
- Experience with integrated air, space, and cyberspace capabilities.
- Experience developing, deploying, and maintaining ground mission planning architecture and software.
- Experience with ACAT I/II level acquisition programs.
- Experience in planning and executing test campaigns for space systems.
- Fluency with IC organizations.
- An applicable engineering degree from a program accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) or possess a Professional Engineering license.
- Relevant MA/MS/ME degree.
- Active TOP SECRET clearance with sensitive compartmentalized information (SCI) and special access program (SAP) eligibility (no less than five (5) years total SAP and/or SCI environment experience, with 1-year total within last 5 years) and willingness to submit to a Counter-Intelligence polygraph.
- Candidate must maintain a TS/SCI clearance as a condition of employment.
- U.S. Citizenship is required for this position.
Opportunities at MTSI
- Mechanical/Structural Engineering SME Huntsville,Alabama 12/02/2022
- Principal Model Based Systems Engineer - MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
- Junior Model Based Systems Engineer / MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.