Space RCO Program Management & Acquisition Support (Senior)Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico Categories: Engineering Req ID: 2022-7099 Potential to Telecommute: No
MTSI is searching for a Senior Program Management and Acquisition Support (PM&AS) professional to support development of first-of-kind space vehicles and missions. This handpicked candidate must possess technical expertise and experience with developing, designing, building, and integrating space hardware and software.
MTSI’s core capabilities are Systems Engineering and Integration, Modeling and Simulation, Test and Evaluation, Acquisition and Program Support, and Mission Assurance services. Our expertise includes ballistic missile defense, air defense, air vehicle survivability, unmanned aircraft, flight test operations, intelligence support, and cyber/space/homeland defense.
Recognized as an "employee comes first" company with over 27 years of consecutive growth we challenge our co-owners to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry. Day one all new co-workers start accruing PTO at a rate of 20 days, 6% 401k match with immediate vesting, semi-annual bonuses, and eligibility to participate in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). We offer other employee focused benefits, including up to $10k in tuition reimbursement and an optional zero dollar deductible BCBS health insurance plan.
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
MTSI is searching for a senior Program Management and Acquisition Support (PM&AS) professional to support development of first-of-kind space vehicles and missions. This handpicked candidate must possess technical expertise and experience with developing, designing, building, and integrating space hardware and software.
In this position, you will provide System Engineering Technical Assistance (SETA) to the Space Rapid Capabilities Office (RCO). The Space RCO program office, located at Kirtland AFB, NM, is a small, streamlined organization with dedicated, organic acquisition support functions: contracting, financial management, human resources, security, program management and technical engineering support that are critical in enabling the rapid response required for classified space programs. The mission is to develop and deliver operationally dominant space capabilities at the speed of warfighting relevance in response to Commander, U.S. Space Command requirements. A successful candidate should be a leader and problem solver with a proven ability to deliver superior results as part of a high performing team in a high-profile, fast-paced environment.
PM&AS Principal Duty
You will work in a small, highly empowered team where every team member is directly responsible for the success of the program. Engineering responsibilities span technology domains including space rated hardware, software, sensors, and processors in an extremely fast-paced, responsive development environment. This SETA candidate will provide in-depth background on satellite vehicle bus and/or subsystems to improve program office insight into state-of-the art commercial and legacy mission systems, and C2 requirements and capabilities. You must apply advanced principles, theories, and concepts for highly classified systems, while also effectively communicating complex results with management and executive leadership.
SETA Role and Responsibilities:
- Serves as program advisory lead for extremely time critical technical projects, test projects, or tasks requiring appropriate level technical expertise
- Assists acquisition planning, market research, and drafting technical requirements and documents
- Coordinates with internal and external stakeholders to verify program needs and identified to meet project goals
- Helps the government assess the technical sufficiency, cost, quality, and timely delivery of program deliverables
- Confers with engineers to provide technical advice and to assist with problem resolution as needed
- Supports management and execution of programs consisting of multiple projects--ensures overall program is properly coordinated and efficiently accomplished with the best available resources
- Aids in the development of a Monthly Status Report on all support efforts including updates in status and performance, major activities, challenges and opportunities, deliverables, and subcontractor performance
- Drafts, reviews, and edits final program reports, documents, and briefings
- Supports acquisition planning and development of documents required for systems acquisition.
- Coordinates with external agencies to include operational units, higher headquarters, Combatant Command (COCOM) staffs, other acquisition activities, and research and development functions.
- Coordination will include producing, tracking, coordinating all agreements and documentation necessary for SpRCO systems to transition seamlessly into a framework for organizing, training, and equipping the United States Space Force
- Supports and advises acquisition and program management functions, advises government management on design challenges, delivery and integration, and supports system program reviews
- Work on high-visibility or mission critical aspects of a given program and perform all functional duties independently
- Oversee the efforts of less senior staff and/or be responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job
- Translate complex ideas and data into simple, actionable recommendations or easily differentiated courses of action
- Communicate clearly, concisely, and with technical accuracy—oral and written
- Minimum ten (10) years DoD/IC, or relevant industry work experience
- Proven experience and/or qualifications in development and fielding satellite systems
- Understanding of operational environment and corresponding mission user needs
- Knowledge of space system engineering, development, and manufacturing
- Experience in DoD program management including program development and transition
- Experience with Integrated Master Schedules, and risk management
- Experience with Statements of Work (SOW) and Performance Work Statements (PWS)
- Five (5) years of relevant DoD and/or Industry work experience with SAP and/or SCI
- System Engineering Technical Assistance (SETA) to Government program office
- Experience with rapid prototyping
- Experience with integrated air, space and cyberspace capabilities
- Experience developing, deploying, and maintaining ground mission planning architecture and software
- Experience with ACAT I/II level acquisition programs
- Experience using multivariable optimization in mission planning software systems
- Experience in planning and executing test campaigns for space systems
- Fluency with IC organizations
- An applicable engineering degree from a program accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) or possess a Professional Engineering license
- MA/MS/ME degree
- Active TOP SECRET clearance with sensitive compartmentalized information (SCI) and special access program (SAP) eligibility (no less than 2 years total SAP and/or SCI environment experience, with 1-year total within last 5 years) and willingness to submit to a Counter-Intelligence polygraph
- Candidate must maintain a TS/SCI clearance as a condition of employment
- Full-time, on site in vicinity of Kirtland AFB, NM, and will require travel up to 30% of time within the continental United States
Opportunities at MTSI
- Mechanical/Structural Engineering SME Huntsville,Alabama 12/02/2022
- Principal Model Based Systems Engineer - MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
- Junior Model Based Systems Engineer / MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to email@example.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.