Space RCO Test Engineer (Senior)Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico Categories: Engineering Req ID: 2023-7419 Potential to Telecommute: No
Own Your Future.
MTSI is searching for a SeniorTest Engineer (TE) to support development of first-of-kind space vehicles and missions. This handpicked candidate must possess technical expertise and experience with developing, designing, building, and integrating space hardware and software.
Why is MTSI known as a Great Place to Work?
- Interesting Work: Our co-workers support some of the most important and critical programs to our national defense and security.
- Values: Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry.
- 100% Employee Ownership: we have a stake in each other's success, and the success of our customers. It's also nice to know what's going on across the company; we have company wide town-hall meetings three times a year.
- Great Benefits - Most Full-Time Staff Are Eligible for:
- Starting PTO accrual of 20 days PTO/year + 10 holidays/year
- Flexible schedules
- 6% 401k match with immediate vesting
- Semi-annual bonus eligibility (July and December)
- Company funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - a separate qualified retirement account
- Up to $10,000 in annual tuition reimbursement
- Other company funded benefits, like life and disability insurance
- Optional zero deductible Blue Cross/Blue Shield health insurance plan
- Track Record of Success: We have grown every year since our founding in 1993
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is a 100% employee-owned engineering services and solutions company that provides high-demand technical expertise in Digital Transformation, Modeling and Simulation, Rapid Capability Development, Test and Evaluation, Artificial Intelligence, Autonomy, Cybersecurity and Mission Assurance.
MTSI delivers capabilities to solve problems of global importance. Founded in 1993, MTSI today has employees at over 20 offices and field sites worldwide.
For more information about MTSI, please visit www.mtsi-va.com.
As a Senior Test Engineer (TE) to support development of first-of-kind space vehicles and missions. This handpicked candidate must possess technical expertise and experience with developing, designing, building, and integrating space hardware and software. In this position, you will provide System Engineering Technical Assistance (SETA) to the Space Rapid Capabilities Office (RCO). The Space RCO program office, located at Kirtland AFB, NM, is a small, streamlined organization with dedicated, organic acquisition support functions: contracting, financial management, human resources, security, program management and technical engineering support that are critical in enabling the rapid response required for classified space programs. The mission is to develop and deliver operationally dominant space capabilities at the speed of warfighting relevance in response to Commander, U.S. Space Command requirements. A successful candidate should be a leader and problem solver with a proven ability to deliver superior results as part of a high performing team in a high-profile, fast-paced environment.
TE Principal Duty
You will work in a small, highly empowered team where every team member is directly responsible for the success of the program. Engineering responsibilities span technology domains including space rated hardware, software, sensors, and processors in an extremely fast-paced, responsive development environment. This SETA candidate will provide in-depth test background on satellite vehicle bus, subsystems, and/or ground systems to improve program office insight into state-of-the art commercial and legacy mission systems, and C2 requirements and capabilities. You must apply advanced principles, theories, and concepts for highly classified systems, while also effectively communicating complex results with management and executive leadership.
SETA Role and Responsibilities:
- Supports design, interpretation, and analysis of technical solutions to complex discipline-specific testing
- Plans and performs test research, development, and other assignments in conformance with design, engineering, and customer specifications
- Evaluates system architecture and component testing to eliminate unnecessary redundancy and align capabilities across multiple programs and/or agencies
- Provides technical expertise for performance analysis, test plan design and test scenarios for functional testing, security testing, and vulnerability analysis of ground and space operations tools and capabilities
- Responsible for the technical/engineering planning and execution of major and minor testing necessary on project(s)
- Leads authoring, evaluation and/or execution of program test and evaluation master plan as well as system acceptance planning; interfaces with multiple mission partners, overseeing test and system engineering working groups
- Coordinates with multiple partners/agencies to ensure test communities support delivery milestones.
- Work on high-visibility or mission critical aspects of a given program and perform all functional duties independently
- Oversee the efforts of less senior staff and/or be responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job
- Translate complex ideas and data into simple, actionable recommendations or easily differentiated courses of action
- Communicate clearly, concisely, and with technical accuracy—oral and written
- Minimum ten (10) years DoD/IC, or relevant industry work experience
- Proven experience and/or qualifications in in testing satellite systems
- Understanding of operational environment and corresponding mission user needs
- Knowledge of space system engineering, development, and manufacturing
- Experience in DoD program management including program development and transition
- Experience with Integrated Master Schedules, and risk management
- Experience with Statements of Work (SOW) and Performance Work Statements (PWS)
- Five (5) years of relevant DoD and/or Industry work experience with SAP and/or SCI
- System Engineering Technical Assistance (SETA) to Government program office
- Experience with rapid prototyping
- Experience with integrated air, space, and cyberspace capabilities
- Experience developing, deploying, and maintaining ground mission planning architecture and software
- Experience with ACAT I/II level acquisition programs
- Experience using multivariable optimization in mission planning software systems
- Experience in planning and executing test campaigns for space systems
- Fluency with IC organizations
- An applicable engineering degree from a program accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) or possess a Professional Engineering license
- MA/MS/ME degree
- Active TOP SECRET clearance with sensitive compartmentalized information (SCI) and special access program (SAP) eligibility (no less than 2 years total SAP and/or SCI environment experience, with 1-year total within last 5 years) and willingness to submit to a Counter-Intelligence polygraph
- Candidate must maintain a TS/SCI clearance as a condition of employment
- Full-time, on site in vicinity of Kirtland AFB, NM, and will require travel up to 30% of time within the continental United States
Opportunities at MTSI
- Software Engineer - Big Data Chantilly,Virginia 03/30/2023
- Senior Cybersecurity Engineer Washington,DC 03/30/2023
- Data Analysis/Engineering Intern- Graduate Level Mountain View,California 03/30/2023
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.