Systems Engineer / Directed Energy SMELocation: Albuquerque, New Mexico Categories: Engineering Req ID: 2023-7340 Potential to Telecommute: No
Own Your Future.
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is seeking a Systems Engineer (SE) / Directed Energy (DE) SME with demonstrated technical expertise and experience with specialized high powered, laser system design to join our growing team.
Why is MTSI known as a Great Place to Work?
- Interesting Work: Our co-workers support some of the most important and critical programs to our national defense and security.
- Values: Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry.
- 100% Employee Ownership: we have a stake in each other's success, and the success of our customers. It's also nice to know what's going on across the company; we have company wide town-hall meetings three times a year.
- Great Benefits - Most Full-Time Staff Are Eligible for:
- Starting PTO accrual of 20 days PTO/year + 10 holidays/year
- Flexible schedules
- 6% 401k match with immediate vesting
- Semi-annual bonus eligibility (July and December)
- Company funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - a separate qualified retirement account
- Up to $10,000 in annual tuition reimbursement
- Other company funded benefits, like life and disability insurance
- Optional zero deductible Blue Cross/Blue Shield health insurance plan
- Track Record of Success: We have grown every year since our founding in 1993
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is a 100% employee-owned engineering services and solutions company that provides high-demand technical expertise in Digital Transformation, Modeling and Simulation, Rapid Capability Development, Test and Evaluation, Artificial Intelligence, Autonomy, Cybersecurity and Mission Assurance.
MTSI delivers capabilities to solve problems of global importance. Founded in 1993, MTSI today has employees at over 20 offices and field sites worldwide.
For more information about MTSI, please visit www.mtsi-va.com.
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is seeking a Systems Engineer (SE) / Directed Energy (DE) SME with demonstrated technical expertise and experience with specialized high powered, laser system design to join our growing team. For this position, you will provide System Engineering and Technical Assistance (SETA) to a Government program office to support development and fielding of classified capabilities. A successful candidate should be a leader and problem solver with a proven ability to deliver superior results as part of a high performing team in a high-profile, fast-paced environment.
SE / DE SME Principal Duty
You will work in a small, highly empowered team where every team member is directly responsible for the success of the program. Engineering responsibilities span technology domains including space-rated/qualified systems, guidance, navigation, and control (GNC) hardware, software, sensors, and processors. This SETA candidate will provide in-depth background on optical and laser system design and integration of subsystems to improve program office insight into state-of-the art IC, DoD and commercial systems. You must apply advanced principles, theories, and concepts for highly classified systems, while also effectively communicating complex results with management and executive leadership.
SETA Role and Responsibilities:
- Supports design, interpretation, and analysis of technical solutions to complex projects
- Leads or supports technical programs, projects, or tasks whose technical complexity requires engineering oversight
- Ensures completion of tasks within estimated time frames and budget constraints
- Provides input to the government customer concerning risks to performance, schedule, and budget due to proposed contractor plans or contractor's execution of accepted plans
- Ensure the quality of the program, project, or task deliverables meet or exceed standards or metrics and assesses such deliverables to ensure that the final deliverables will meet the warfighting purpose for which they are intended
- Plans and performs engineering research, design development, and other engineering assignments in conformance with the design, engineering, and customer specifications
- Responsible for the overall technical/engineering portions of major projects or programs
- Coordinates with multiple partners/agencies to ensure system engineering communities support delivery milestones
- Tracks and advises design trades and associated cost, schedule, and technical impacts to requirements
- Initiates, supervises, and/or develops requirements from a project’s inception to conclusion for complex to extremely complex programs
- Provides strategic advice, technical guidance and expertise to program and project staff
- Provides detailed analysis, evaluation and recommendations for improvements, optimization development and/or maintenance efforts for client specific or mission critical challenges/issues
- Consults with client to define need or problem
- Supervises studies and leads surveys to collect and analyze data to provide advice and recommend solutions
- Communicate clearly, concisely, and with technical accuracy—oral and written
- Other duties as required
- Minimum fifteen (15) years DoD/IC, or relevant industry work experience
- Skilled in developing, integrating and fielding optical and DE systems
- Experience with advanced GNC, EO/IR/RF sensors and C2 Payloads
- Understanding of space operational environment and corresponding mission user needs
- Knowledge of space mission payload engineering, development, and manufacturing
- Experience in DoD program management including program development and transition
- Experience with Integrated Master Schedules, and risk management
- Experience with Statements of Work (SOW) and Performance Work Statements (PWS)
- Ten (10) years of relevant DoD and/or Industry work experience with SAP and/or SCI
- System Engineering Technical Assistance (SETA) to Government program office
- Experience with rapid prototyping
- Experience with integrated air, space, and cyberspace capabilities
- Experience developing, deploying, and maintaining ground mission planning architecture and software
- Experience with ACAT I/II level acquisition programs
- Experience in planning and executing test campaigns
- Fluency with IC organizations
- An applicable engineering degree from a program accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) or possess a Professional Engineering license
- Relevant MA/MS/ME degree
- Active TOP SECRET clearance with sensitive compartmentalized information (SCI) and special access program (SAP) eligibility (no less than 5 years total SAP and/or SCI environment experience, with 1-year total within last 5 years) and willingness to submit to a Counter-Intelligence polygraph
- Candidate must maintain a TS/SCI clearance as a condition of employment
- Full-time, on site in vicinity of Kirtland AFB, NM, and will require travel up to 30% of time within the continental United States
Opportunities at MTSI
- Software Engineer - Big Data Chantilly,Virginia 03/30/2023
- Senior Cybersecurity Engineer Washington,DC 03/30/2023
- Data Analysis/Engineering Intern- Graduate Level Mountain View,California 03/30/2023
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.