Director, Human ResourcesLocation: Alexandria, Virginia Categories: Human Resources Req ID: 2023-7428 Potential to Telecommute: Hybrid
Own Your Future.
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is seeking a Director of Human Resources at our Headquarters office in Alexandria, VA.
Why is MTSI known as a Great Place to Work?
- Interesting Work: Our co-workers support some of the most important and critical programs to our national defense and security.
- Values: Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry.
- 100% Employee Ownership: we have a stake in each other's success, and the success of our customers. It's also nice to know what's going on across the company; we have company wide town-hall meetings three times a year.
- Great Benefits - Most Full-Time Staff Are Eligible for:
- Starting PTO accrual of 20 days PTO/year + 10 holidays/year
- Flexible schedules
- 6% 401k match with immediate vesting
- Semi-annual bonus eligibility (July and December)
- Company funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - a separate qualified retirement account
- Up to $10,000 in annual tuition reimbursement
- Other company funded benefits, like life and disability insurance
- Optional zero deductible Blue Cross/Blue Shield health insurance plan
- Track Record of Success: We have grown every year since our founding in 1993
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is a 100% employee-owned engineering services and solutions company that provides high-demand technical expertise in Digital Transformation, Modeling and Simulation, Rapid Capability Development, Test and Evaluation, Artificial Intelligence, Autonomy, Cybersecurity and Mission Assurance.
MTSI delivers capabilities to solve problems of global importance. Founded in 1993, MTSI today has employees at over 20 offices and field sites worldwide.
For more information about MTSI, please visit www.mtsi-va.com.
MTSI is committed to its long-term vision of being “an enduring, first-choice industry leader providing high-quality solutions for problems of global importance”. A key to our success of 25+ years of progressive growth, outstanding retention, and numerous Best Place to Work Awards (nationally and regionally), is our commitment to our MTSI Core Values and providing outstanding services to our customers (internal and external).
To enable this vision, our Human Resources team works strategically with leadership to successfully execute local, national, market-level, and enterprise-wide initiatives across the organization. The Corporate Human Resources Director will have primary responsibility for key functional areas in Human Resources including but not limited to: Compensation Strategy and Programs, Benefits, Compliance and HR Systems in addition to partnering with the HR leadership team on planning and delivering HR programs and services to the enterprise. The Director will operate as a trusted advisor and business partner to functional executives and leaders serving as the expert on people and organizational issues. The successful candidate will be comfortable navigating challenging dynamics and significant growth in the professional services industry. You must also be comfortable and effective in a fast-paced environment with significant change; employing only the necessary HR processes that enable the organization to innovate and grow.
This position will report directly to the MTSI Executive Vice President of Human Resources who is located in the MTSI Headquarters, Alexandria, VA.
MTSI is seeking an experienced Human Resources Leader with excellent communication and connection skills, plus an ability to develop and deliver strategic programs, processes, policies, and initiatives to fuel MTSI’s outstanding growth and retention. Proficiency is required in multiple subject areas.
Key responsibilities are listed below:
- Experience designing and delivering programs in the following areas:
- Workforce Planning; Talent Management; Change Management; Compensation Strategy
- Benefit and Wellness Programs; Organizational Design
- Health and Wellness Plans: Plans and directs overall design, implementation, and administration of MTSI’s health and welfare benefits programs.
- Compensation: design, implement and continuously evaluate the compensation programs of the company. Monitors the effectiveness of existing compensation practices and recommends changes that are cost-effective and consistent with compensation trends and company objectives; oversees leveraging PayScale to ensure company compensation objectives are achieved; proposals informed.
- Serve as a strategic business partner to senior leadership focused on a transformational talent agenda designed to attract, develop, and retain the best talent in the industry
- Understand business strategies and how to develop high impact human capital solutions
- Have a data driven mindset to assess organizational metrics and provide insights including impactful and informative dashboards to the business
- Consistently measures effectiveness of HR initiatives and programs to ensure they are delivering desired outcomes
- Help foster a culture of innovation and entrepreneurialism, in an environment that requires high levels of scalability, security and reliability
- Provide daily support to leaders with employee attraction, development, and retention issues which may include annual reviews, advanced HR reporting and metrics, special project assistance
- Closely partners with other HR leaders to deliver superior results to the business
- Have executive presence and strong communication skills to partner with senior levels of management
- Strong collaboration / teamwork skills within and outside of HR
- Serve as a role model and thought leader on Human Capital issues and coaches other HR team members in their development
- Will act as Program manager for market analysis on HRIS platforms including system implementation.
- 15+ years of successful business partnership at a divisional/senior leader level, with proven success in linking HR strategies to the business
- Preference for experience in the Technology or Government Professional Services industries working in progressive HR models. Multi-company experience is strongly preferred
- Manage medium to enterprise-wide projects/initiatives with minimal supervision
- Experience in working effectively across all levels of an organization
- Hands on approach willing to roll up sleeves to deliver results
- Successful implementation of operational and strategic programs and processes across a dispersed region
- Ability to assess an organization, identify gaps, and develop solutions
- Possess strong influencing and interpersonal skills, honed in a demanding and high performing work environment
- Proficiency in using MS Office products such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, HRIS (ADP), iCIMS, Cornerstone, PayScale (is a plus)
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Business or HR related field
- Ability to obtain Department of Defense Secret security clearance
Opportunities at MTSI
- C3BM Advanced Engineer Huntsville,Alabama 03/21/2023
- Senior Software Test Engineer Beavercreek,Ohio 02/24/2023
- Senior C3BM Systems Engineer Huntsville,Alabama 03/20/2023
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.