Force Operations SME (Study Lead / Deputy Study Lead)Location: Alexandria, Virginia Categories: Engineering Req ID: 2022-7006 Potential to Telecommute: Hybrid
Why is MTSI known as a Great Place to Work?
- Interesting Work: Our co-workers support some of the most important and critical programs to our national defense and security.
- Values: Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry.
- 100% Employee Ownership: we have a stake in each other's success, and the success of our customers. It's also nice to know what's going on across the company; we have company wide town-hall meetings three times a year.
- Great Benefits:
- 20 days PTO/year + 10 holidays/year
- Flexible schedules
- 6% 401k match with immediate vesting
- Semi-annual bonus eligibility (July and December)
- Company funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - a separate qualified retirement account
- Up to $10,000 in annual tuition reimbursement
- Other company funded benefits
- Optional zero deductible Blue Cross/Blue Shield health insurance plan
- Track Record of Success: We have grown every year since our founding in 1993
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
Office of the Undersecretary for Defense for Research and Engineering Mission Integration Division (OUSD(R&E)) mission engineering, analysis, and integration expertise to produce objective insights and analytic justification to inform future technology and capability investment decisions within the Planning, Programming, and Budgeting Execution (PPBE) process and aid in the prioritization, alignment and validation of requirements within Joint Capabilities Integration and Development System (JCIDS) to deliver modernized capabilities that enable an all domain joint force aligned with future Joint Warfighting Concepts. The team constructs, manages, and conducts discrete mission engineering and analysis study tasks to evaluate the efficacy of legacy architectures and new technologies and capabilities applied in new mission concepts of employment to meet evolving joint mission objectives.
Employee will serve as the senior force operations analyst on a team of analysts, engineers and modelers conducting Mission Engineering studies for OUSD R&E in accordance with the Mission Engineering Guide (https://ac.cto.mil/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/MEG-v40_20201130_shm.pdf). In this role, he/she will assist in developing the study plan, identifying needed resources (personnel, modeling tools, etc.), socializing the study with stakeholders, executing the study, and authoring the study final report.
Bachelors in a recognized mathematics, operations research, statistics, computer science, management science or physics discipline that is relevant
Minimum of 10 years relevant experience
Clearance: Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility.
Bachelors from War College or equivalent, in a recognized discipline that is relevant
15 years operational experience
Experience working in the Joint Staff
Experience analyzing system solutions to complex and challenging DoD problems.
Experience defining operational problems within the fighting forces and using statistical analysis, simulations, predictive modeling, or other methods to analyze it and develop practical solutions.
Experience developing and executing analysis and study plans that address complex problems, examine trade-offs and sensitivities, and produce data and information rich products and artifacts.
Expertise in Joint Force design, development and application, operational constraints, concepts of operations, concepts of employment, development and execution of CCMD operation plans, threat tactics and responses, logistics approaches.
Opportunities at MTSI
- Mechanical/Structural Engineering SME Huntsville,Alabama 12/02/2022
- Principal Model Based Systems Engineer - MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
- Junior Model Based Systems Engineer / MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to email@example.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.