Joint Fires Technologies and Capabilities SMELocation: Alexandria, Virginia Categories: Engineering Req ID: 2022-6850 Potential to Telecommute: Hybrid
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is seeking a Joint Fires Technologies and Capabilities Subject Matter Expert (SME) to join our growing team in Alexandria, VA.
Hybrid schedule available with work at Mark Center and Remote.
Why is MTSI known as a Great Place to Work?
- Interesting Work: Our co-workers support some of the most important and critical programs to our national defense and security.
- Values: Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry.
- 100% Employee Ownership: we have a stake in each other's success, and the success of our customers. It's also nice to know what's going on across the company; we have company wide town-hall meetings three times a year.
- Great Benefits:
- Day one all new co-workers start accruing PTO at a rate of 20 days PTO/year + 10 holidays/year
- Flexible schedules
- 6% 401k match with immediate vesting
- Semi-annual bonus eligibility (July and December)
- Company funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - a separate qualified retirement account
- Up to $10,000 in annual tuition reimbursement
- Other company funded benefits
- Optional zero deductible Blue Cross/Blue Shield health insurance plan
- Track Record of Success: We have grown every year since our founding in 1993
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
The primary role of the Joint Fires Technologies and Capabilities Subject Matter Expert (SME) is to provide analysis, assessments, and technical assistance to support DoD technology modernization priorities that accelerate capability delivery to the warfighter.
Daily work is conducted as an integrated team member of the Multi-Domain Joint Operations (MDJO) organization under the Deputy Chief Technology Officer for Mission Capabilities (DCTO(MC)) within the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Research and Engineering (OUSD(R&E)).
Primary responsibilities focus on supporting the successful transition of emerging technologies from experimentation to Service programs of record in order to close high-priority capability gaps in the Joint Warfighting Concept (JWC).
Primary responsibilities focus on providing assessment and integration of joint warfighting requirements to support the Under Secretary of Defense for Research and Engineering (USD(R&E)) as the technical advisor to the Joint Requirements Oversight Council (JROC). Other responsibilities include support to the Joint Warfighting Concept (JWC) by developing and refining concept-required capabilities and mission-level concepts to enable more focused mission-engineering analysis, prototyping, and experimentation activities within OUSD(R&E).
The Joint Fires Technologies and Capabilities SME will:
- Provide coordination and analysis of requirements, concepts, capabilities-based assessments, and concepts of operation to support USD(R&E) as the technical advisor to the JROC.
- Support JROC actions related to JWC-driven, threat-informed requirements generation, to include Capability Portfolio Management Review issues, and other topics within OUSD(R&E)’s purview.
- Prepare OUSD(R&E) executive leadership for Joint Capability Board (JCB) and JROC meetings in coordination with other offices across OUSD(R&E).
- Provide situational awareness to OUSD(R&E) SMEs and coordination to facilitate their involvement in JROC-related topics within their purview.
- Provide selective support to Functional Capability Board (FCB) meetings aligned with the JWC to increase OUSD(R&E) influence and shaping of JWC-derived requirements.
- Facilitate OUSD(R&E) awareness of Combatant Command Integrated Priorities Lists, Capability Gap Analysis results/issues, and Joint Emerging Operational Needs/Joint Urgent Operational Needs.
- Perform knowledge management tasks to facilitate awareness of requirement/issues across OUSD(R&E).
- Communicate across OUSD(R&E) to ensure research, science, technology, engineering, and innovation efforts are informed in part by JWC priorities.
- Facilitate awareness of mission thread analysis and prototyping/experimentation results in JWC-forums.
- Provide SME support and technical analysis to CPMRs, Globally Integrated Wargames, and other JWC initiatives to further refine JWC gaps, CRCs, and mission-level concepts.
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years of technical experience.
- Military or OSD experience.
- Technical expertise in Electronic Warfare or any other aspect of Joint Fires
- Operational experience related to Fires.
- Experience working with the Joint Staff J8 in the military requirements process.
- Knowledge of the Defense Acquisition System.
- Program Management experience including Technology Transition.
- Knowledge of the OUSD(R&E) organization, roles, and responsibilities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly-motivated team player.
- Bachelor's required; Master’s degree prefered in an engineering, scientific, or technical discipline related to the work required of this position.
- TS/SCI clearance
Opportunities at MTSI
- Mechanical/Structural Engineering SME Huntsville,Alabama 12/02/2022
- Principal Model Based Systems Engineer - MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
- Junior Model Based Systems Engineer / MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to email@example.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.