Marketing & Communications SpecialistLocation: Alexandria, Virginia Categories: Other Req ID: 2022-7056 Potential to Telecommute: Hybrid
MTSI is has an opening for a Marketing & Communications Specialist at our Alexandria, VA or Huntsville, AL office.
Why is MTSI known as a Great Place to Work?
- Interesting Work: Our co-workers support some of the most important and critical programs to our national defense and security.
- Values: Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry.
- 100% Employee Ownership: we have a stake in each other's success, and the success of our customers. It's also nice to know what's going on across the company; we have company wide town-hall meetings three times a year.
- Great Benefits:
- 20 days PTO/year + 10 holidays/year
- Flexible schedules
- 6% 401k match with immediate vesting
- Semi-annual bonus eligibility (July and December)
- Company funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - a separate qualified retirement account
- Up to $10,000 in annual tuition reimbursement
- Other company funded benefits
- Optional zero deductible Blue Cross/Blue Shield health insurance plan
- Track Record of Success: We have grown every year since our founding in 1993
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
- Key communications liaison amongst network of offices
- Create content and execute against distribution schedule for internal and external communications including proactive media outreach, press releases, website, social media accounts, and other related content
- Develop external communication assets for key internal customers (HR, BD, Divisions)
- Assist in directory and inventory of marketing support materials, ensuring all resources are current and accurate
- Liaise with vendors during the event planning process to ensure everything is in order
- Coordinate event execution, set-up, tear-down, and follow-up processes
- Support the maintenance and development of internal tools (Smartsheet, Get Connected, etc.), including databases and tracking capability for awards and corporate memberships
- Research, track, gather, coordinate, and submit necessary information for awards and corporate memberships. Assist local offices as appropriate
- Participate in the strategy development, creation, and deployment of digital advertising campaigns to include, but not limited to, LinkedIn, Google Ads, geotargeting
- Other duties as assigned
- 1-2 years of experience in marketing
- 1+ years of experience composing company communications, announcements, press releases
- 1+ years of experience coordinating and participating in conferences and trade shows
- Ability to develop and execute a plan to establish a booth presence and all associated materials, including coordination with outside vendors, internal graphics team and other stakeholders
- Demonstrated professionalism, ability to think strategically, ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, capabilities for cross-functional teamwork
- Superb oral and written communication skills
- Strong organization, planning, and scheduling skills; ability to track results and report metrics
- Professional experience utilizing Microsoft office suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc.)
- Professional experience utilizing Adobe Creative Suite
Desired Behavioral Traits, Competencies, & Compatibility Profile:
- Commitment to MTSI’s Core Values and company culture.
- Ability to interact effectively with internal and external customers
- Ability to display professional poise and candor in highly sensitive environments
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Embraces open, honest, and respectful communication and works well with varying personalities.
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, or related field
*Please note US Citizenship is required for most positions with MTSI
Opportunities at MTSI
- Mechanical/Structural Engineering SME Huntsville,Alabama 12/02/2022
- Principal Model Based Systems Engineer - MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
- Junior Model Based Systems Engineer / MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to email@example.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.