Navy & Marine Corps Technology Transition ExpertLocation: Alexandria, Virginia Categories: Other Req ID: 2022-7137 Potential to Telecommute: Hybrid
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is seeking a Navy & Marine Corps Technology Transition Expert.
Why is MTSI known as a Great Place to Work?
- Interesting Work: Our co-workers support some of the most important and critical programs to our national defense and security.
- Values: Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry.
- 100% Employee Ownership: we have a stake in each other's success, and the success of our customers. It's also nice to know what's going on across the company; we have company wide town-hall meetings three times a year.
- Great Benefits:
- start accruing PTO at a rate of 20 days/year + 10 holidays/year
- Flexible schedules
- 6% 401k match with immediate vesting
- Semi-annual bonus eligibility (July and December)
- Company funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - a separate qualified retirement account
- Up to $10,000 in annual tuition reimbursement
- Other company funded benefits
- Optional zero deductible Blue Cross/Blue Shield health insurance plan
- Track Record of Success: We have grown every year since our founding in 1993
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
As the Navy & Marine Corps Technology Transition Expert, you will support an OSD customer in the areas of warfighting capability development, integration, and transition of new technology. Work locations are in the DC metropolitan area with opportunities for situational telework.
Primary responsibilities are to:
- Provide subject-matter expertise related to Navy/Marine Corps-specific acquisition and innovation pathways.
- Advise Navy, Marine Corps, Joint Staff, and OSD stakeholders on strategies for successfully transitioning technologies from prototypes and joint experimentation activities to Navy/Marine Corps programs of record.
- Collaborate with stakeholders through decision-making forums (e.g., DMAG, Issue Team, JROC, etc.) to facilitate technology transition activities.
- Proactively engage and provide support to stakeholders in developing, maintaining, and executing technology transition-plans.
- Prepare and deliver status reports to Congress and DoD leadership.
- At least 20 years of relevant work experience supporting the DoD and/or IC.
- Executive presence with highly effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to develop high-quality, professional briefings and written reports to succinctly capture key issues for DoD decision-makers and Congress.
- Self-starter, able to take initiative and accomplish work independently with minimal guidance.
- Must be highly organized with strong attention to detail.
- Program management experience for a technology development, design, manufacturing, integration, or test program.
- Expert knowledge of DoD and Navy/Marine Corps-specific acquisition and innovation pathways.
- Experience overcoming systemic technology transition challenges associated with the DoD acquisition “Valley of Death.”
- OSD, Joint Staff, and/or Headquarters Department of the Navy experience is desired.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree desired.
- Active TOP SECRET clearance with eligibility for Sensitive Compartmentalized Information (SCI) and Special Access Programs (SAP).
NOTE: the information in the job announcement has NOT been reviewed and approved by the referenced Government customer/program office/team
Opportunities at MTSI
- Mechanical/Structural Engineering SME Huntsville,Alabama 12/02/2022
- Principal Model Based Systems Engineer - MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
- Junior Model Based Systems Engineer / MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.