Operations Co-opLocation: Alexandria, Virginia Categories: Intern Req ID: 2023-7567 Potential to Telecommute: Hybrid
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI), is a fast-paced and dynamic 100% employee-owned and operated technology firm, providing leading-edge technical services in flight test operations, ballistic missile and air defense, air vehicle survivability, unmanned aircraft, intelligence support, cyber, space, and homeland defense. MTSI is seeking an Operations Co-Op at our Alexandria, VA office.
MTSI is seeking a college intern to support our operations team with various operations initiatives. This position will provide an opportunity to gain experience in a fast paced business environment, learn about recruitment operations systems, as well as branding MTSI to experienced professionals. The intern will work closely with other Human Resources functional teams on a variety of assignments.
Join an award winning team with a reputation for excellence. MTSI is dedicated to taking ownership of our customers problems and delivering solutions. We put employees first and are committed to their success. MTSI has a track record of 30 years of consecutive growth.
- Participate in Operations team meetings, workshops/presentations, networking & professional development events.
- Coordinate logistics, support outreach initiatives and participate in local/regional events.
- Help build upon and improve our DE&I initiatives
- Provide input to our marketing and advertising initiatives to enhance our brand and presence within targeted social media outlets.
- Engage in policy and process improvement sessions related to Human Resources / DE&I/ Scholars Program and Talent Acquisition tools and resources.
- Support teams and individual projects related to Employee Experience Programs
- Assist with files management and maintenance as well as any special projects as assigned.
- Data integrity and verification
- Working with confidential data
- Administrative tasks
- Other duties as assigned
- Actively pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Management, Human Resource, Marketing, or related field, with a minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Available for up to 20 hours during the fall and spring semesters and 40 hours during the summer break
- Customer service oriented and demonstrate the ability to collaborate with others on projects and assignments to achieve optimal results.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Programs and comfortable with a variety of technologies, systems, and processes.
- Must be flexible, proactive, organized, manage work flow and have prompt follow-up.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills including oral and written communication with attention to detail.
- Must be able to multitask, shift priorities, bring tasks to completion with minimal supervision and meet varying deadlines.
- Must be a self-motivated individual with the ability to work independently or in a team.
- Ability to research and analyze information using the Internet and reference materials.
- Creativity in problem solving and be able to offer alternative solutions.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Corperate operations experience
- Data analytics experience
- Experience in customer service
- Prior experience coordinating via phone for business or volunteer endeavors
- Online marketing experience
- Experience with coordinating, promoting and attending events in person.
- Demonstration of ability and motivation to support a diverse team.
- Ability to obtain/maintain a government security clearance
Please note that US Citizenship is required for most positions with MTSI.
Opportunities at MTSI
- C3BM Advanced Engineer Huntsville,Alabama 03/21/2023
- Senior Software Test Engineer Beavercreek,Ohio 02/24/2023
- Senior C3BM Systems Engineer Huntsville,Alabama 03/20/2023
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.