Operations Lead / Senior AnalystLocation: Alexandria, Virginia Categories: Other Req ID: 2022-6922 Potential to Telecommute: Hybrid
Own Your Future.
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is seeking a Operations Lead to join our growing team in Alexandria, VA.
Why is MTSI known as a Great Place to Work?
- Interesting Work: Our co-workers support some of the most important and critical programs to our national defense and security.
- Values: Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry.
- 100% Employee Ownership: we have a stake in each other's success, and the success of our customers. It's also nice to know what's going on across the company; we have company wide town-hall meetings three times a year.
- Great Benefits - Most Full-Time Staff Are Eligible for:
- Starting PTO accrual of 20 days PTO/year + 10 holidays/year
- Flexible schedules
- 6% 401k match with immediate vesting
- Semi-annual bonus eligibility (July and December)
- Company funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - a separate qualified retirement account
- Up to $10,000 in annual tuition reimbursement
- Other company funded benefits, like life and disability insurance
- Optional zero deductible Blue Cross/Blue Shield health insurance plan
- Track Record of Success: We have grown every year since our founding in 1993
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is a 100% employee-owned engineering services and solutions company that provides high-demand technical expertise in Digital Transformation, Modeling and Simulation, Rapid Capability Development, Test and Evaluation, Artificial Intelligence, Autonomy, Cybersecurity and Mission Assurance.
MTSI delivers capabilities to solve problems of global importance. Founded in 1993, MTSI today has employees at over 20 offices and field sites worldwide.
For more information about MTSI, please visit www.mtsi-va.com.
Supports OUSD(R&E) Deputy Chief Technology Officer for Mission Capabilities Prototypes & Experiments Directorate, performing within the metropolitan Washington, DC area.
Generate Planning, Programming, Budgeting, & Execution/Defense Technical Information Center (PPBE/DTIC) Presidential Budget (PB) submissions (R-2s) on demand in response to OSD-directed deadlines.
• Prepare and deliver briefs and documents as required to support the customer.
• Maintain situational awareness of all portfolios and projects; coordinate with higher and adjacent offices to ensure consistent and proactive support.
• Manage and respond to taskers, short notice data calls, budget queries, projects updates, presentations, and deliveries of salient information to leadership and senior executives.
• Provide oversight and coordinate recurring senior-level meetings, including but not limited to: RDER Technical Assessment Panels (TAP), proposal binning and bundling, and portfolio/project reviews.
• Develop strategic messaging themes and talking points; communications and outreach campaigns; and communications products and solutions tailored for specific audiences, including senior leadership and Congress.
• Plan and support Deputy’s Management Action Group (DMAG), Joint Requirements Oversight Council (JROC), Functional Capabilities Boards (FCB), Joint Capability Boards (JCB), Joint Mission Forums (JMF), Strategic Planning off-sites, Congressional Staffer Briefs, Program Reviews, interagency program reviews, and associated Communities of Interest and Working Groups/Action Officer meetings; develop agendas, prepare announcements, coordinate Government facilities, and provide coordination of participants.
A current Top Secret clearance is required.
Senior Analysts manage and support scientific, engineering, and technical analysis of prospective and ongoing prototypes and demonstrations of emerging, innovative technologies; provide support to project management, proposal reviews, analysis, and funding recommendations; demonstrate understanding of security standards and information security and compliance frameworks, controls and best practices; maintain situational awareness of all Rapid Defense Experimentation Reserve (RDER) programmatic actions and activities; maintain a thorough understanding of the processes and procedures of the office; and support or develop briefings and documentation as required. Respond to daily inquiries and requests for information. Coordinate and collaborate across the Department of Defense and with other Government agencies, academia, and industry for situational awareness and information sharing.
- 10 years+ direct experience
- Current TS/SCI eligibility
- Degree: Bachelor’s or higher in a science, engineering, or technical discipline; Masters preferred
- Experience with project management and analysis of projects.
- Ability to synthesize vast amounts of complex technical data into senior executive level information.
- Knowledge of OSD processes and procedures related to supported tasks, including preparing technical briefs, presentations, packages, and DoD/Congressional-level correspondence. Experience preparing presentations and other visualization forms to communicate results and artifacts to varied audiences.
• Experience operating within a Pentagon/OSD/Service Staff/Joint Staff environment
NOTE: the information in the job announcement has NOT been reviewed and approved by the referenced Government customer/program office/team
Opportunities at MTSI
- C3BM Advanced Engineer Huntsville,Alabama 03/21/2023
- Senior Software Test Engineer Beavercreek,Ohio 02/24/2023
- Senior C3BM Systems Engineer Huntsville,Alabama 03/20/2023
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.