Senior Engineer for Joint Command and ControlLocation: Alexandria, Virginia Categories: Other Req ID: 2022-7146 Potential to Telecommute: Hybrid
Own Your Future.
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is seeking a Senior Engineer for Joint Command and Control in Alexandria, VA.
Why is MTSI known as a Great Place to Work?
- Interesting Work: Our co-workers support some of the most important and critical programs to our national defense and security.
- Values: Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry.
- 100% Employee Ownership: we have a stake in each other's success, and the success of our customers. It's also nice to know what's going on across the company; we have company wide town-hall meetings three times a year.
- Great Benefits - Most Full-Time Staff Are Eligible for:
- Starting PTO accrual of 20 days PTO/year + 10 holidays/year
- Flexible schedules
- 6% 401k match with immediate vesting
- Semi-annual bonus eligibility (July and December)
- Company funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - a separate qualified retirement account
- Up to $10,000 in annual tuition reimbursement
- Other company funded benefits, like life and disability insurance
- Optional zero deductible Blue Cross/Blue Shield health insurance plan
- Track Record of Success: We have grown every year since our founding in 1993
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is a 100% employee-owned engineering services and solutions company that provides high-demand technical expertise in Digital Transformation, Modeling and Simulation, Rapid Capability Development, Test and Evaluation, Artificial Intelligence, Autonomy, Cybersecurity and Mission Assurance.
MTSI delivers capabilities to solve problems of global importance. Founded in 1993, MTSI today has employees at over 20 offices and field sites worldwide.
For more information about MTSI, please visit www.mtsi-va.com.
As the Senior Engineer for Joint Command and Control, you will provide technical expertise for warfighting capability development, integration, and transition of new technologies that close time-critical gaps in high-priority, multi-component warfighting missions.
Daily work is conducted as an integrated team member of the Multi-Domain Joint Operations (MDJO) Directorate under the Deputy Chief Technology Officer for Mission Capabilities (DCTO(MC)) within the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Research and Engineering (OUSD(R&E)).
Work locations are in the DC metropolitan area with opportunities for situational telework.
Primary responsibilities are to:
- Provide subject-matter expertise in warfighting technologies and capabilities for Joint C2 and C4/Cyber.
- Deliver technical assessments and analysis to provide recommended innovative approaches, technologies, and capabilities to address critical joint warfighting capability gaps.
- Provide technical analysis and advice to inform capability requirements development and validation through the JCIDS process.
- Provide technical expertise to inform mission engineering studies, prototype development, experimentation, and global integrated wargaming.
- Collaborate with Service, Joint Staff, and OSD stakeholders to support the transition of technologies from prototypes and joint experimentation activities to Service programs of record.
- Prepare and deliver reports and briefings to DoD leadership.
- Master’s degree in Engineering or a related technical field.
- Technical expertise in command, control, communications, computers, cyber, intelligence, surveillance, reconnaissance and targeting (C5ISRT) in one or more of the following areas: space-based intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (ISR) or airborne ISR; Battle Management Command, Control and Communications (BMC3); Command and Control, Battle Management, and Communications (C2BMC); Artificial Intelligence (AI); or Positioning, Navigation, and Timing (PNT).
- Experience leading the planning and execution of complex engineering and systems analysis efforts for the DoD and/or IC.
- Operational experience in one or more areas of C5ISRT.
- At least 15 years of relevant work experience.
- Executive presence with highly effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to develop high-quality, professional briefings and written reports to succinctly capture key issues for DoD decision-makers.
- Self-starter, able to take initiative and accomplish work independently with minimal guidance.
- Must be highly organized with strong attention to detail.
- JCIDS experience working with the Joint Staff in the military requirements process is desired.
- OSD, Joint Staff, and/or Service Staff experience is desired.
- Active TOP SECRET clearance with eligibility for Sensitive Compartmentalized Information (SCI) and Special Access Programs (SAP).
NOTE: the information in the job announcement has NOT been reviewed and approved by the referenced Government customer/program office/team
Opportunities at MTSI
- C3BM Advanced Engineer Huntsville,Alabama 03/21/2023
- Senior Software Test Engineer Beavercreek,Ohio 02/24/2023
- Senior C3BM Systems Engineer Huntsville,Alabama 03/20/2023
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.