Senior Financial AnalystLocation: Alexandria, Virginia Categories: Other Req ID: 2022-6959 Potential to Telecommute: Hybrid
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to join our growing team in Alexandria, VA.
Why is MTSI known as a Great Place to Work?
- Interesting Work: Our co-workers support some of the most important and critical programs to our national defense and security.
- Values: Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry.
- 100% Employee Ownership: we have a stake in each other's success, and the success of our customers. It's also nice to know what's going on across the company; we have company wide town-hall meetings three times a year.
- Great Benefits:
- start accruing PTO at a rate of 20 days/year + 10 holidays/year
- Flexible schedules
- 6% 401k match with immediate vesting
- Semi-annual bonus eligibility (July and December)
- Company funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - a separate qualified retirement account
- Up to $10,000 in annual tuition reimbursement
- Other company funded benefits
- Optional zero deductible Blue Cross/Blue Shield health insurance plan
- Track Record of Success: We have grown every year since our founding in 1993
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
Supports OUSD(R&E) Deputy Chief Technology Officer for Mission Capabilities Prototypes & Experiments Directorate, performing within the metropolitan Washington, DC area.
A Senior Financial Analyst (S-FA) performs financial analyses and execution of programs and projects, including preparing Military Interdepartmental Purchase Request (MIPR), sub-allocation, and Inter-Agency Agreement (IAA) funding documents; tracking and managing funding activities of obligations and expenditures; monitoring program budget execution; preparing documentation to support the budgetary process; identifying/tracing financial discrepancies and coordinating corrective action; and providing data updates to financial management tools, as required; maintains cognizance of designated program funds, and provides inputs for recurring monthly budget execution meetings.
- Current TS/SCI eligibility
- Degree: Bachelor’s degree or higher in a recognized discipline that is relevant.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in financial management or accounting with progressively increasing responsibility.
- Must have specific knowledge in the following areas: familiarity with Governmental financial activity systems, including, but not limited to, G-INVOICE, Defense Agencies Initiative (DAI) financial management tools, and the Defense Technical Information Center to enter and maintain budget exhibits.
• Experience operating within a Pentagon/OSD/Service Staff/Joint Staff environment
NOTE: the information in the job announcement has NOT been reviewed and approved by the referenced Government customer/program office/team
Opportunities at MTSI
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to email@example.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.