Senior ISR Portfolio AnalystLocation: Arlington, Virginia Categories: Other Req ID: 2022-7031 Potential to Telecommute: No
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is seeking a Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) Portfolio Analyst to join our team in Arlington, VA.
Why is MTSI known as a Great Place to Work?
- Interesting Work: Our co-workers support some of the most important and critical programs to our national defense and security.
- Values: Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry.
- 100% Employee Ownership: we have a stake in each other's success, and the success of our customers. It's also nice to know what's going on across the company; we have company wide town-hall meetings three times a year.
- Great Benefits:
- 20 days PTO/year + 10 holidays/year
- Flexible schedules
- 6% 401k match with immediate vesting
- Semi-annual bonus eligibility (July and December)
- Company funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - a separate qualified retirement account
- Up to $10,000 in annual tuition reimbursement
- Other company funded benefits
- Optional zero deductible Blue Cross/Blue Shield health insurance plan
- Track Record of Success: We have grown every year since our founding in 1993
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
Provides on-site support to the government for DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) Acquisition programs within the Office of the Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense (DASD) for Space, Strategic and Intelligence Portfolio Management (SSIPM). Uses in-depth understanding of IC and DoD system acquisition; the IC and DoD Planning, Programming, Budgeting and Execution Process; IC and DoD acquisition policy to evaluate issues and provide recommendations at the SES level on the ISR portfolio, primarily on National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA) and National Reconnaissance Office (NRO) ground system programs.
Provides analysis of mission, program goals and objectives, program organizational performance assessment roles in C4ISR Division’s acquisition oversight roles including: Preparing USD(A&S) to effectively chair Defense Acquisition Boards (DABs) and co- chair Joint Intelligence Acquisition Boards (JIABs) and Special Program Reviews (SPRs) for 34 space and ground Major System Acquisitions (MSAs) and Special Interest Acquisitions (SIAs). The contractor shall be highly knowledgeable of the application of the Intelligence Community Directive 801 governing the acquisition of IC systems. The contractor shall have necessary technical skills and program expertise working in a highly classified environment with multiple IC agencies.
Applies proven expertise in the areas of major and complicated tasks in support of executive-level DoD acquisition portfolios and processes. Works independently and coordinates staff efforts to develop creative and innovative solutions, as well as to mentor less senior staff. May be called upon to deliver presentations, plan tasks, and coordinate resources and budgets.
• Supports SSIPM acquisition oversight and portfolio management activity including working groups, integrated product teams.
• Support DASD SSIPM actions to prepare USD(A&S) to chair Defense Acquisition Boards (DABs) and co-chair Joint Intelligence Acquisition Boards (JIABs) and Special Program Reviews (SPRs) for space and ground Major System Acquisitions (MSAs) and Special Interest Acquisitions (SIAs).
• Develops issue papers and presentation for senior department executives.
• Reviews and drafts congressional testimony, briefings, and reports,
• Reviews acquisition documents, policy, and briefings.
• Provides staff support to community level working groups.
• Prepares read-aheads, talking points, supports program reviews, and develops recommendations.
• Interface with IC and industry.
• Participate in reviews, studies, analysis of alternatives. and coordinate initiatives across external offices and agencies.
• Degree in engineering, science, technical analysis, or acquisition management. PhD plus 2 years; or Masters plus 10 years; or Bachelors plus 12 years.
• Experience with NGA and NRO acquisition programs desired.
• Higher Headquarters experience working directly with SES and General officers desired. Pentagon experience preferred.
• Excellent writing ability and experience with Microsoft Office (especially Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD TOP SECRET Clearance and Common Access Card.
Please Note: U.S. Citizenship is required for most MTSI positions.
Opportunities at MTSI
- Joint Simulation Environment - Deputy to the Chief Engineer Edwards Air Force Base,California 02/01/2023
- System Engineering Assurance Engineer Fort Belvoir,Virginia 02/03/2023
- Senior Budget Analyst Huntsville,Alabama 02/03/2023
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.