Senior Program Manager for Advanced Technology AcquisitionLocation: Alexandria, Virginia Categories: Other Req ID: 2022-7134 Potential to Telecommute: Hybrid
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is seeking a Senior Program Manager for Advanced Technology Acquisition.
Why is MTSI known as a Great Place to Work?
- Interesting Work: Our co-workers support some of the most important and critical programs to our national defense and security.
- Values: Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry.
- 100% Employee Ownership: we have a stake in each other's success, and the success of our customers. It's also nice to know what's going on across the company; we have company wide town-hall meetings three times a year.
- Great Benefits:
- start accruing PTO at a rate of 20 days/year + 10 holidays/year
- Flexible schedules
- 6% 401k match with immediate vesting
- Semi-annual bonus eligibility (July and December)
- Company funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - a separate qualified retirement account
- Up to $10,000 in annual tuition reimbursement
- Other company funded benefits
- Optional zero deductible Blue Cross/Blue Shield health insurance plan
- Track Record of Success: We have grown every year since our founding in 1993
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
As the Senior Program Manager for Advanced Technology Acquisition, you will support an OSD customer in the areas of warfighting capability development, integration, and transition of new technology. Work locations are in the DC metropolitan area with opportunities for situational telework.
Primary responsibilities are to:
- Lead the execution of a Congressionally directed program to acquire and field advanced technologies from small businesses and other non-traditional defense contractors.
- Manage program funding provided to small businesses that enable the transition of advanced technologies from development, across the acquisition “Valley of Death,” into production.
- Lead the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of specific technology initiatives that delivery warfighting capabilities to close time-critical gaps in high-priority DoD missions.
- Prepare and deliver status reports to Congress and DoD leadership.
- At least 15 years of relevant work experience supporting the DoD and/or IC.
- Executive presence with highly effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to develop high-quality, professional briefings and written reports to succinctly capture key issues for DoD decision-makers and Congress.
- Self-starter, able to take initiative and accomplish work independently with minimal guidance.
- Must be highly organized with strong attention to detail.
- Experience in system acquisition to include development, integration, production, and fielding of capabilities.
- Expert knowledge of DoD Acquisition and Acquisition Pathways.
- Experience building and managing acquisition documentation, interfacing with contracting and financial managers, and assisting with monitoring program execution.
- Experience overcoming systemic technology transition challenges associated with the DoD acquisition “Valley of Death.”
- OSD, Joint Staff, and/or Service Staff experience is desired.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree desired.
- Active TOP SECRET clearance with eligibility for Sensitive Compartmentalized Information (SCI) and Special Access Programs (SAP).
NOTE: the information in the job announcement has NOT been reviewed and approved by the referenced Government customer/program office/team
Opportunities at MTSI
- Mechanical/Structural Engineering SME Huntsville,Alabama 12/02/2022
- Principal Model Based Systems Engineer - MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
- Junior Model Based Systems Engineer / MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.