Senior Proposal ManagerLocation: Alexandria, Virginia Categories: Business Development Req ID: 2022-7054 Potential to Telecommute: No
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is seeking a Senior Proposal Manager to join our growing team in Alexandria, VA.
Why is MTSI known as a Great Place to Work?
- Interesting Work: Our co-workers support some of the most important and critical programs to our national defense and security.
- Values: Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry.
- 100% Employee Ownership: we have a stake in each other's success, and the success of our customers. It's also nice to know what's going on across the company; we have company wide town-hall meetings three times a year.
- Great Benefits:
- 20 days PTO/year + 10 holidays/year
- Flexible schedules
- 6% 401k match with immediate vesting
- Semi-annual bonus eligibility (July and December)
- Company funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - a separate qualified retirement account
- Up to $10,000 in annual tuition reimbursement
- Other company funded benefits
- Optional zero deductible Blue Cross/Blue Shield health insurance plan
- Track Record of Success: We have grown every year since our founding in 1993
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
Support the Director of Proposals as required; lead a team of subordinate proposal and business development professionals:
- Responsible for RFP/RFI analysis; leads the development, production, and delivery of proposals and proposal-related products
- Executes the MTSI proposal development process across the proposal lifecycle
- Responsible for proposal schedules, plans, outlines, templates, and mockups; works with the Director of Proposals and capture manager to assign proposal resources (writers, SMEs, reviewers) as required
- Responsible for end-to-end ownership and command of proposal development and related support processes, including desktop publishing and graphics development
- Facilitates proposal solution-development working sessions to formulate and integrate proposal strengths, discriminators, and strategies with a compliant and efficient structure
- Leads or coordinates all proposal color team reviews; develops review packages and consolidates feedback
- Collaborates with all MTSI infrastructure teams including contracts, subcontracts, finance, quality, security, and human resources as needed to ensure all RFP requirements are addressed
- Responsible for providing input and accessibility to proposal resources including past performance, resumes, prior proposal database, and other boilerplate information including: corporate overview, core competencies, program management plan, contract/sub-contract management plan, quality assurance plan, retention plan, etc.
- Responsible for ensuring that proposal reads as “one voice” and tells a compelling, substantiated story. Ensures that the proposal is free of grammar, spelling, and typographical errors
- Confirms through appropriate compliance reviews that proposal complies with all RFP requirement and all proposal production requirements for hardcopy and electronic delivery, as required
- Manages timeline so that all components of the proposal are submitted well in advance of proposal deadline
- Is able to work independently, proactively identify and complete tasks, and serve as a backup to the Director of Proposals as needed
- Maintains the flexibility to work extended hours as needed.
- Minimum 15 years Proposal Management experience
- Extensive experience in proposal development across all process elements and volumes (i.e., technical, past performance, management, cost volumes; blue, pink, red, and gold team reviews; white glove and production);
- Expert-level experience in proposal management and leadership; 15+ years experience preferred
- Managed medium-to-large (>$50M), high-priority proposals; as well as experience leading quick-turnaround task orders (sometimes simultaneous).
- Excellent writing skills; technical writing experience desired
- Completion of certifications required, as appropriate for position, such as APMP.
- Graduate degree and 10+ years of experience, or undergraduate degree and 15+ years relevant proposal experience required.
Clearance: Must have TS/SCI eligiblilty
Opportunities at MTSI
- Mechanical/Structural Engineering SME Huntsville,Alabama 12/02/2022
- Principal Model Based Systems Engineer - MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
- Junior Model Based Systems Engineer / MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.