Subject Matter Expert / Strategic Planning and Operations SupportLocation: Alexandria, Virginia Categories: Other Req ID: 2022-6969 Potential to Telecommute: Hybrid
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is seeking a Subject Matter Expert to join our growing team in Alexandria, VA.
Why is MTSI known as a Great Place to Work?
- Interesting Work: Our co-workers support some of the most important and critical programs to our national defense and security.
- Values: Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry.
- 100% Employee Ownership: we have a stake in each other's success, and the success of our customers. It's also nice to know what's going on across the company; we have company wide town-hall meetings three times a year.
- Great Benefits:
- start accruing PTO at a rate of 20 days/year + 10 holidays/year
- Flexible schedules
- 6% 401k match with immediate vesting
- Semi-annual bonus eligibility (July and December)
- Company funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - a separate qualified retirement account
- Up to $10,000 in annual tuition reimbursement
- Other company funded benefits
- Optional zero deductible Blue Cross/Blue Shield health insurance plan
- Track Record of Success: We have grown every year since our founding in 1993
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
Supports OUSD(R&E) Deputy Chief Technology Officer for Mission Capabilities Prototypes & Experiments Directorate, performing within the metropolitan Washington, DC area.
Support RDER in various initiatives in focus areas to include, but not limited to: space and cyber; defense and platforms; offense and weapons; resilient communications; logistics; and battlefield management command, control, and communication. RDER, supported by the contractor, will execute
these initiatives, and other initiatives that target specific mission capability gaps identified by the Joint Staff, Services, CCMDs, and senior leadership in OSD. • Support experimentation acceleration; end-to-end mission thread studies and analysis; experimentation proposal shaping, evaluation, and process and program management; and joint and industry experimentation.
• Review and coordinate concepts and requirements for the application of current and emerging technologies; make recommendations as needed to government leadership; assist oversight of the current and prospective experiments and maintain minutes and historical records of all pertinent meetings, decisions, and program events or documents.
• Track completion of action items assigned during the various meetings.
• Provide analysis and program management support to monitor project execution (cost, schedule, performance, and deliverables) via project tracking tools, periodic (monthly) reports, and financial products.
• Monitor project funding and scientific breadth of research programs implemented; and conduct systems trade-off and technical analysis for emerging, ongoing, or completed projects.
• Plan, organize, and manage selected projects for successful performance consistent with performance agreements.
• Prepare budget and programmatic justification as needed during the planning, programming, budgeting, and execution (PPBE) cycle, and prepare and deliver briefs and documents as required to support the customer.
• Prepare, coordinate, and staff experimentation project documentation (i.e., funding documents, statements of work, program reviews, reports, briefs, etc.) for leadership review and approval; generate Memoranda of Agreement, Charters, Roles and Responsibilities documents, and Inter-Agency agreements relative to ongoing and prospective prototypes.
• Maintain communications and coordination with OSD, Services, Combatant Commands, Government Agencies, and the Joint Staff regarding projects, prototypes, and demonstrations under RDER oversight and shall assist the RDER leadership in identification of problem sets/challenges and recommend resolution of said areas. A current Top Secret clearance is required.
The Subject Matter Expert (SME) is an individual whose qualifications and/or particular expertise are exceptional and/or highly unique. SMEs typically perform the following kinds of functions: initiates, supervises, and/or develops requirements from a project’s inception to conclusion for complex to extremely complex programs; provides strategic advice, technical guidance and expertise to program and project staff; provides detailed analysis, evaluation and recommendations for improvements, optimization development, and/or efforts for client-specific or mission critical or mission critical challenges/issues; consults with client to define need or problem; supervises, studies, and leads surveys to collect and analyze data to provide advice and recommend solutions.
- Current TS/SCI eligibility
- Degree: Master’s degree or higher required, a Doctoral degree desired, in a scientific, engineering or technical or analytical discipline
- Minimum of 15 years of experience
- Experience with existing and advanced DoD concepts, weapon systems and capabilities, concepts of operations, operational limitations, and staff processes.
• Experience operating within a Pentagon/OSD/Service Staff/Joint Staff environment
NOTE: the information in the job announcement has NOT been reviewed and approved by the referenced Government customer/program office/team
Opportunities at MTSI
- Mechanical/Structural Engineering SME Huntsville,Alabama 12/02/2022
- Principal Model Based Systems Engineer - MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
- Junior Model Based Systems Engineer / MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to email@example.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.