Technology Transition SMELocation: Alexandria, Virginia Categories: Engineering Req ID: 2022-7026 Potential to Telecommute: Hybrid
Why is MTSI known as a Great Place to Work?
- Interesting Work: Our co-workers support some of the most important and critical programs to our national defense and security.
- Values: Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry.
- 100% Employee Ownership: we have a stake in each other's success, and the success of our customers. It's also nice to know what's going on across the company; we have company wide town-hall meetings three times a year.
- Great Benefits:
- 20 days PTO/year + 10 holidays/year
- Flexible schedules
- 6% 401k match with immediate vesting
- Semi-annual bonus eligibility (July and December)
- Company funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - a separate qualified retirement account
- Up to $10,000 in annual tuition reimbursement
- Other company funded benefits
- Optional zero deductible Blue Cross/Blue Shield health insurance plan
- Track Record of Success: We have grown every year since our founding in 1993
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
The primary roles of the Technology Transition SME are to provide analysis, assessments, and technical assistance to support DoD technology modernization priorities that accelerate capability delivery to the warfighter.
Daily work is conducted as an integrated team member of the Multi-Domain Joint Operations (MDJO) organization under the Deputy Chief Technology Officer for Mission Capabilities (DCTO(MC)) within the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Research and Engineering (OUSD(R&E)).
Primary responsibilities focus on supporting the successful transition of emerging technologies from experimentation to Service programs of record in order to close high-priority capability gaps in the Joint Warfighting Concept (JWC).
The Technology Transition SME will:
• Conduct activities to ensure the successful transition of critical technologies and capabilities to Service programs of record.
• Develop, maintain, and act upon technology transition plans to facilitate the transition of proven prototyped capabilities to the Services.
• Proactively engage with Service and OSD stakeholders through the Joint Requirements Oversight Council (JROC), Deputy’s Management Action Group (DMAG), Defense Acquisition System, and other stakeholder forums.
• Conduct oversight on prototyped capabilities undergoing experimentation focused on tracking, synchronizing, and transitioning a broad range of advanced developmental capabilities and prototyping efforts, elements of modernization roadmaps, and other efforts with the potential to close JWC capability gaps.
• Engage with transition stakeholders associated with those transition plans to mitigate risk and facilitate successful transition.
• Track OUSD(R&E) Mission Integration (MI) and Prototypes and Experiments (P&E) activities aligned to the JWC functional battles, and facilitate DCTO(MC) representation in relevant forums associated with the JWC functional battles.
• Maintain liaison with OSD CAPE and OUSD(A&S) for Issue Team coordination and other transition-related issues (Competitive Acquisition Pathway, Strategic Portfolio Reviews, etc).
• Minimum of fifteen (15) years of PM experience.
• Experience as a PM or Deputy PM for a $50M+ technology design, manufacturing, integration, and test program; or a portfolio manager for a technology development program.
• Experience leading or managing classified programs at the SCI level.
• Knowledge of the Defense Acquisition System and Project Management best practices.
• Working knowledge of the Earned Value Management System.
• Knowledge of best practices and innovative approaches for transitioning technology from laboratory development to a Service Program of Record and/or operational use.
• Experience overcoming systemic technology transition challenges associated with the DoD acquisition “Valley of Death.”
• Navy or Marine Corps experience.
• OSD and/or Joint Staff experience.
• PMP certification.
• Master’s degree in a discipline relevant for the technical work required of this position.
• TS/SCI clearance
Opportunities at MTSI
- Mechanical/Structural Engineering SME Huntsville,Alabama 12/02/2022
- Principal Model Based Systems Engineer - MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
- Junior Model Based Systems Engineer / MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to email@example.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.