Unity Developer/ Game Engine ProgrammerLocation: Alexandria, Virginia Categories: Multimedia Req ID: 2022-7028 Potential to Telecommute: Hybrid
At MTSI, our more than 1,400 co-owners recognize the high demand for specialized professionals within our industry and that you have many options to choose. As an employee owned company where culture matters, we believe that by investing in our people we are investing in our company’s future!
MTSI is seeking a Unity Developer/ Game Engine Programmer to work on current and emerging AR, VR, and Desktop projects at our Alexandria, VA office.
MTSI’s core capabilities run deep across a multitude of areas to include Systems Engineering & Technical Assistance, Integration, Modeling & Simulation, Test & Evaluation, Acquisitions & Program Support, and Mission Assurance services. Our expertise includes ballistic missile defense, air defense, air vehicle survivability, unmanned aircraft, flight test operations, intelligence support, cybersecurity, space and homeland defense.
Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in our industry. Eligible new co-workers start with 20 days PTO plus 10 federal holidays, 6% 401k company match with immediate vesting, semi-annual bonuses, and eligibility to participate in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). We offer other employee focused benefits, including up to $10k in tuition reimbursement and an optional zero dollar deductible BCBS health insurance plan.
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
MTSI is seeking a Unity developer/game engine programmer to work on current and emerging AR, VR, and Desktop projects. Candidate will work with other developers, artists, and engineers to create visually compelling animations, data visualizations, video products, and interactive computer-based training/briefing products. Candidate must be a skilled and confident communicator, as interacting directly with customers and engineers is essential for understanding project requirements. Candidate must be highly skilled in designing and implementing features across multiple areas such as gameplay systems, responsive user interfaces, graphics, scripting, and optimization.
- 3 years of experience and proficiency with the Unity game engine and C# coding language.
- Strong experience building responsive UI within Unity.
- Self-motivated and able to operate independently or work effectively in a dynamic team environment.
- Must possess excellent communication skills for interacting directly with customers and engineers to understand project requirements.
- Knowledge of code versioning tools (Git).
- Must provide a portfolio containing samples of related work.
Highly Desirable Skills:
- Experience with data ingest.
- Experience writing shaders.
- Experience deploying or working with Azure.
- Passion for taking initiative, identifying, and acting on opportunities where our team can grow.
Education and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field is strongly desired.
- Candidate must be able to obtain a security clearance.
Opportunities at MTSI
- Mechanical/Structural Engineering SME Huntsville,Alabama 12/02/2022
- Principal Model Based Systems Engineer - MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
- Junior Model Based Systems Engineer / MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to email@example.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.