Acquisition Program ManagerLocation: Beavercreek, Ohio Categories: Program Management Req ID: 2022-6428 Potential to Telecommute: No
MTSI is a 100% employee owned by more than 1,300 engineers, analysts, and professionals dedicated to providing high caliber services to aerospace and defense and intelligence customers across the US. We are always looking for the best to join us as we grow.
Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry. Eligible new co-workers start accruing PTO at a rate of 20 days/year, 10 holidays/year, 6% 401k match with immediate vesting, semi-annual bonuses, and eligibility to participate in our company funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). We offer other employee focused benefits, including up to $10k in annual tuition reimbursement and an optional zero dollar deductible BCBS health insurance plan.
For additional company information, please visit: http://www.mtsi-va.com/
MTSI is seeking an Acquisition Program Manager with a TS/SCI clearance to provide support to a Government Office at WPAFB, Ohio. The Program Manager’s primary focus will be to apply the full range of acquisition program management principles, policies, and procedures to perform a wide range of acquisition management activities to include pre- and post-contract award and milestone reviews to further the Government’s acquisition strategy goals and objectives managed by AFLCMC.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
• Assist in the identification of requirements to support the acquisition, development, sustainment, and supportability efforts required for early development programs.
• Support management of the acquisition and modifications thereof as well as all associated requirements as they pertain to other functional areas including logistics, contracting, engineering, finance, and configuration management.
• Responsible for managing and organizing resources and personnel needed to efficiently and effectively meet the objectives of each task, as well as explore new approaches as applicable within the performance of these tasks.
• Assist with writing, coordinating, staffing, and maintaining program documentation, including but not limited to documentation regarding requirements, cost, schedule, performance, risk, impacts, and status of the program.
• Translate user requirements documents such as the Capability Development Document (CDD), Capability Production Document (CPD), and Concept of Operations (CONOPS) into weapon system contract Request for Proposal (RFP) documentation.
• Shall assist with developing and documenting recommended program management inputs for PWSs, Contract Data Requirement Lists (CDRLs), and other acquisition documentation for assigned programs.
• Ability to support reviews, audits, and working group meetings including but not limited to Program Management Reviews (PMRs), Preliminary Design Reviews (PDRs), Critical Design Reviews (CDRs), Technical Interchange Meetings (TIMs), Test Planning Working Groups (TPWGs), and Test Readiness Reviews (TRRs).
• 5+ years of experience directly related to the above responsibilities.
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in any of the following: business, economics, program management, math, or engineering. A Master's degree is preferred.
• Experience working DoD acquisition programs, to include DoD contracting and program management strategies and supporting the generation of Justification & Authorization (J&A) documents, Acquisition Strategy Plans (ASP), SOOs, SOWs, and CDRLs for Research & Development (R&D) activities.
• Functional experience managing R&D contracts involving financial management, including funding obligation and expenditure planning/tracking.
• Experience coordinating/planning for significant project events and milestones (e.g., Preliminary and Critical Design Reviews), as well as tracking and evaluating contract deliverables.
• Strong communication skills – written and verbal
• Good analytical and planning skills.
• Ability to learn quickly and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Must possess an active Top Secret security clearance. Duties will require unescorted entry and work within classified SAP and SCI facilities.
• Must have 36 months or more of experience in a SAP environment within the last 6 years
Please Note: U.S. Citizenship is required for this position, due to contract requirements.
• Travel: Position requires up to 15% travel to CONUS areas
Opportunities at MTSI
- Mechanical/Structural Engineering SME Huntsville,Alabama 12/02/2022
- Principal Model Based Systems Engineer - MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
- Junior Model Based Systems Engineer / MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.