Contractor Special Security Officer (CSSO)Location: Beavercreek, Ohio Categories: Security Req ID: 2023-7433 Potential to Telecommute: No
Own Your Future.
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is seeking a Contractor Special Security Officer (CSSO) in our Dayton, OH office.
Why is MTSI known as a Great Place to Work?
- Interesting Work: Our co-workers support some of the most important and critical programs to our national defense and security.
- Values: Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry.
- 100% Employee Ownership: we have a stake in each other's success, and the success of our customers. It's also nice to know what's going on across the company; we have company wide town-hall meetings three times a year.
- Great Benefits - Most Full-Time Staff Are Eligible for:
- Starting PTO accrual of 20 days PTO/year + 10 holidays/year
- Flexible schedules
- 6% 401k match with immediate vesting
- Semi-annual bonus eligibility (July and December)
- Company funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - a separate qualified retirement account
- Up to $10,000 in annual tuition reimbursement
- Other company funded benefits, like life and disability insurance
- Optional zero deductible Blue Cross/Blue Shield health insurance plan
- Track Record of Success: We have grown every year since our founding in 1993.
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is a 100% employee-owned engineering services and solutions company that provides high-demand technical expertise in Digital Transformation, Modeling and Simulation, Rapid Capability Development, Test and Evaluation, Artificial Intelligence, Autonomy, Cybersecurity and Mission Assurance.
MTSI delivers capabilities to solve problems of global importance. Founded in 1993, MTSI today has employees at over 20 offices and field sites worldwide.
For more information about MTSI, please visit www.mtsi-va.com.
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is seeking an experienced Contractor Special Security Officer (CSSO) who will be responsible for maintaining compliance with applicable security regulations and leading SCI security activities at MTSI's Dayton, OH office
Responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain applicable SCI directives, regulations, manuals, and guidelines to adequately discharge CSSO duties and responsibilities.
- Account for, control, transmit, transport, package, and safeguard SCI.
- Ensure secure destruction of SCI by authorized means and in accordance with customer directives.
- Serve as the official channel for certifying and receiving SCI visitor clearances and accesses.
- Manage SCI personnel, information, physical, and technical security (e.g. TEMPEST and TSCM) actions and procedures in accordance with customer directives.
- Provide guidance and assistance for processing SCI position and eligibility requests
- Perform all aspects of the SCI Personnel Security Program to include, but not limited to nomination interviews, validation of SCI access requirements, submission of investigative requests, conduct SCI security briefings; obtain signed NdA and NdS; and perform other related personnel security actions.
- Perform briefings on local SCI security procedures to newly assigned personnel and those receiving initial SCI indoctrination.
- Emphasize unauthorized disclosure awareness, management, and reporting during indoctrination and termination briefings and day-to-day security program execution.
- Report and investigate all unauthorized disclosures of classified intelligence information in accordance with customer direction.
- Conduct a continuing SCI security education training and awareness program to ensure all SCI-indoctrinated individuals are kept apprised of the requirements and guidelines for protecting SCI.
- Maintain appropriate accreditation documentation for each SCIF, communications system, and IS.
- Manage, supervise, and provide support to special access programs (SAPs) based on approved co-utilization agreements.
- Maintain continuing liaison, as required, with SCI an non-SCI security officials.
- Minimum of four years full-time experience working with SCI in all security disciplines, but specifically in personnel and physical security.
- Thorough knowledge of Intelligence Community Directives (ICD) 704, ICD 705 and Technical Specifications and DoDM 5105.21, V1 thru V3 and working knowledge of other applicable Director of National Intelligence, Defense Intelligence Agency, and U.S. Air Force directives and regulations.
- Ability to work independently in an operational environment.
- Strong knowledge of SCI security principles, concepts, practices, products and services.
- Completion of SSO certification training and SCIF physical security course within the last five years.
- Bachelor’s degree and six or more years of related security experience. (NOTE: Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree).
- Top Secret security clearance with current SCI eligibility.
Opportunities at MTSI
- Software Engineer - Big Data Chantilly,Virginia 03/30/2023
- Senior Cybersecurity Engineer Washington,DC 03/30/2023
- Data Analysis/Engineering Intern- Graduate Level Mountain View,California 03/30/2023
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to email@example.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.