Data AnalystLocation: Beavercreek, Ohio Categories: Information Technology Req ID: 2022-6540 Potential to Telecommute: No
MTSI is a 100% employee owned by more than 1,300 engineers, analysts, and professionals dedicated to providing high caliber services to aerospace and defense and intelligence customers across the US. We are always looking for the best to join us as we grow.
Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry. Eligible new co-workers start accruing PTO at a rate of 20 days/year, 10 holidays/year, 6% 401k match with immediate vesting, semi-annual bonuses, and eligibility to participate in our company funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). We offer other employee focused benefits, including up to $10k in annual tuition reimbursement and an optional zero dollar deductible BCBS health insurance plan.
For additional company information, please visit: http://www.mtsi-va.com/
MTSI is seeking a full a mid-level data scientist with a TS/SCI clearance to provide support to a Government Office at WPAFB, Ohio. The Data Analyst’s primary focus will be to provide data analysis expertise during the design, development, and use of a complex data platform that seeks to aggregate data from multiple sources, with varying quality and contexts, drawing useful conclusions to answer key customer questions. This will require working with technology in the following areas: data pipelines, data warehouses, data mining, big data visualization, data reporting, and automation. Implementations should utilize industry standard data analysis concepts and toolsets. Ultimately furthering the Government’s acquisition strategy goals and objectives managed by AFLCMC.
TRAVEL WITHIN CONUS MAY BE REQUIRED UP TO 15%.
• Understand key questions that need to be answered, identify the data products required to provide relevant analysis, and implement solutions to ensure data provenance
• Collaborate across multiple integrated product teams to understand their problems and preform analysis to provide answers
• Apply industry best practices while implementing solutions for data collection and analysis
• Automate processes wherever possible including data cleaning and analysis report generation
• Research and develop statistical models for analysis purposes; collaborate with external partners to inform the development of their models
• Understand and validate the statistical approach used in creating any pre-existing models
• Close the feedback loop to continually improve models as new data is ingested into the platform
• B.S. degree in computer science, mathematics, or related field. Desired M.S. degree in computer science, mathematics, or related field.
• 2+ years data analysis experience and demonstrated expertise in relevant software development frameworks.
• Software programing experience (MATLAB/Simulink, Python, R).
• AI / ML model development experience and demonstrated expertise in relevant software development frameworks.
• Candidate should have demonstrated abilities to understand difficult problems, distill large amounts of data, derive relevant conclusions from data analysis, and communicate results effectively.
• The candidate must be a motivated self-starter who is able to work both independently and in a collaborative team environment, often with minimal guidance and within rigid timelines.
• The candidate must have the ability to communicate requirements clearly with external partners.
• The candidate must have the ability to apply their skills in a fast-paced environment where more than one project may require their attention at any given time.
• The candidate should have familiarity with contractor and government roles in aerospace system development and acquisition.
• Experience with the MS Office Suite of products.
• Must possess a minimum of Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain a Top Secret Security Clearance. Duties will require unescorted entry and work within classified SAP and SCI facilities.
• Must have 12 months or more of experience in a SAP environment within the last 5 years
Please Note: U.S. Citizenship is required for this position, due to contract requirements.
• Travel: Position requires up to 15% travel to CONUS areas.
Opportunities at MTSI
- Mechanical/Structural Engineering SME Huntsville,Alabama 12/02/2022
- Principal Model Based Systems Engineer - MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
- Junior Model Based Systems Engineer / MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to email@example.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.