Engineering InternLocation: Beavercreek, Ohio Categories: Engineering Req ID: 2023-7544 Potential to Telecommute: Hybrid
Own your Future!
MTSI is seeking an Engineering Intern at our Beavercreek, OH office.
Why is MTSI known as a great place to work?
- Interesting Work: Our co-workers support some of the most critical programs.
- Values: Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry.
- Employee Ownership: we have a stake in each other's success, and the success of our customers. It's also nice to know what's going on across the company; we have company wide discussions three times a year.
- Great Benefits: eligible co-workers start with 20 days PTO, 6% 401k match with immediate vesting, semi-annual bonuses, and eligibility to participate in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). We offer other employee focused benefits, including up to $10k in tuition reimbursement and an optional zero dollar deductible BCBS health insurance plan. As employee owners, the choice is simple to take care of people and each other.
- Track Record of Success: We will celebrate 25 years in business in 2018. We'll also be celebrating 25 years of consecutive growth.
MTSI’s core capabilities are Systems Engineering and Integration, Modeling and Simulation, Test and Evaluation, Acquisition and Program Support, and Mission Assurance services. Our expertise includes ballistic missile defense, air defense, air vehicle survivability, unmanned aircraft, flight test operations, intelligence support, and cyber/space/homeland defense.
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
MTSI is seeking a highly-motivated engineering or computer science student to join our team in Beavercreek, OH. The intern will work with multiple MTSI personnel and stakeholders to include Program Managers, Engineers, Security, and other organization staff to support challenging technical projects.
Duties may include:
- Conduct research and development
- Develop simulation models
- Review and understand mission partner requirements
- Perform model analysis
- Develop a continuous integration / continuous development pipelines for software
- support model-based systems engineering.
Depending on the intern’s area of expertise and interests, Intern may do any of the following:
- Performs duties in research, development, testing, evaluation, operation, and maintenance of computers/databases/systems/subsystems/models/software pipelines.
- Develops aspects of a CI/CD pipeline for DevSecOps software development on an experimental network.
- Learns and develops mission-level models using the Advanced Framework for Simulation, Integration, and Modeling (AFSIM) and assesses and presents results.
- Learns and develops Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) models to understand, codify, and assess systems.
- Assists in translating user requirements into system models and requirements, which is used to design, develop, test, and evaluate software/electronics for systems, subsystems, and equipment.
- Drafts engineering documentation to facilitate understanding of mission/system, subsystem design and function
- Clearly communicates with and/or brief small groups of military, contract, and civilian personnel.
- Creates presentations in Microsoft PowerPoint and provide oral presentations from PowerPoint with no impediments.
- Writes research papers and present concepts clearly and concisely.
- Engineering student pursuing a degree in systems engineering, electrical engineering, aerospace engineering, software engineering, computer engineering, or computer science.
- GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Interest in programming, with experience in any of the following languages: C++, Python, MATLAB, etc.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (specifically Excel, Word, and Visual Basic) is desired.
- Ability to obtain/maintain a government security clearance.
Please Note: U.S. Citizenship is required for most MTSI positions.
Opportunities at MTSI
- First-Flight Test Director Edwards Air Force Base,California 02/18/2023
- Software Engineer - Big Data Chantilly,Virginia 03/30/2023
- Senior Cybersecurity Engineer Washington,DC 03/30/2023
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to email@example.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.