Human Resources Business PartnerLocation: Beavercreek, Ohio Categories: Human Resources Req ID: 2023-7259 Potential to Telecommute: Hybrid
Own Your Future. Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is seeking a Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) in Dayton, OH.
Why is MTSI known as a Great Place to Work?
- Interesting Work: Our co-workers support some of the most important and critical programs to our national defense and security.
- Values: Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry.
- 100% Employee Ownership: we have a stake in each other's success, and the success of our customers. It's also nice to know what's going on across the company; we have company wide town-hall meetings three times a year.
- Great Benefits - Most Full-Time Staff Are Eligible for:
- Starting PTO accrual of 20 days PTO/year + 10 holidays/year
- Flexible schedules
- 6% 401k match with immediate vesting
- Semi-annual bonus eligibility (July and December)
- Company funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - a separate qualified retirement account
- Up to $10,000 in annual tuition reimbursement
- Other company funded benefits, like life and disability insurance
- Optional zero deductible Blue Cross/Blue Shield health insurance plan
- Track Record of Success: We have grown every year since our founding in 1993
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
MTSI is committed to its long-term vision of being “an enduring, first-choice industry leader providing high-quality solutions for problems of global importance”. In 2023, MTSI will celebrate 30 years of progressive growth, outstanding retention, and numerous Best Place to Work Awards (nationally and regionally). MTSI has won the Dayton Business Journal Best Places to Work nine (9) times, to date. Given the significant growth of our Dayton office, we are seeking a Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) for this location. The HRBP will play a key role in continuing our focus on “Employees Come First”, our #1 core value.
This is a newly created position to work strategically with leadership to successfully execute local, national, and enterprise-wide initiatives. Each day you will partner with our internal leaders to build capacity and capability within our organization as well as provide daily support to our 300+ Dayton team members. Key elements of the HRBP role:
- Consultative Partnership with management on a variety of HR initiatives ranging from performance development, mentorship, employee relations, leadership readiness, etc.
- Leadership Focus by developing and supporting MTSI’s unique culture that enables and empowers team members to perform and contribute in alignment with MTSI’s strategic objectives and mission. The HRBP will partner with the Director of HR, the CHRO and other HR team members to implement, facilitate and influence HR related initiatives that support organizational strategic objectives.
- Employee Engagement objectives include participating in and supporting employee morale events and activities, be a champion for MTSI employees, community outreach, diversity, equality, and inclusion as well as promote a position of employee’s first and Best Place to Work.
- The Legal Stuff by supporting policies, programs and practices that support a healthy workplace.
Key competencies for success for this strategic role include collaboration, teamwork, innovation, proficiency, self-motivation, outstanding interpersonal skills, leadership, flexibility/agility, humility, coachability, communication skills, and takes initiative. We are passionate about providing outstanding support to our internal customers and partnering with the larger team to build capacity and capability to support our overall mission.
The successful candidate will be comfortable navigating challenging dynamics and significant growth in the professional services industry. You must also be comfortable and effective in a fast-paced environment with significant change employing only the necessary HR processes.
This position will report directly to the Human Resources Director located in Huntsville, AL.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Serve as a strategic business partner focused on a transformational talent agenda designed to attract, develop, and retain the best talent in the industry
- Understand business strategies and how to leverage and implement high impact human capital solutions
- Have a data driven mindset to assess organizational metrics and provide insights to the business
- Help foster a culture of innovation and entrepreneurialism, in an environment that requires high levels of scalability, security and reliability
- Provide daily support and partnership to leaders with employee attraction, development, and retention issues which may include annual reviews, advanced HR reporting and metrics, special project assistance
- Closely partners with other HR leaders to deliver superior results to the business
- Experience delivering programs in the following areas:
- Workforce Planning; Talent Management; Change Management
- Employee Engagement; Cultural Change
- Have leader presence and strong communication skills
- Strong collaboration skills within and outside of HR
- Serve as a role model and thought leader on Human Capital issues and opportunities
- 6+ years of relevant progressive experience in Human Resources; experience with a defense contractor is required as well as effectively managing confidential or sensitive information; government clearance is plus.
- Experience in HR areas including Career Development, Employee Relations, Compensation, Labor Laws; experience in employee and leadership development, HR operations, and compliance at a high-growth organization; and strong aptitude for process and technology.
- Assist with on-boarding and off-boarding, new hire orientation programs, recognition programs as well as employee learning and development activities.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Experience serving in a shared service or support operations environment/organization.
- Experience partnering with, collaborating with, and coaching others.
- Proven leadership skills demonstrating strong judgment, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS PowerPoint, MS Word, MS Excel).
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and work with a sense of urgency.
- Experience leading and supporting change; can establish and maintain credibility to employees and leadership; is highly organized and self-motivated; and desires to learn on a continual basis.
- Outstanding team player, positive engaged attitude.
- Experience with the following tools is helpful: ADP, Cornerstone, iCIMS.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or Business
Opportunities at MTSI
- Joint Simulation Environment - Deputy to the Chief Engineer Edwards Air Force Base,California 02/01/2023
- System Engineering Assurance Engineer Fort Belvoir,Virginia 02/03/2023
- Senior Budget Analyst Huntsville,Alabama 02/03/2023
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.