Information Systems Security Engineer - SeniorLocation: Beavercreek, Ohio Categories: Information Technology Req ID: 2023-7314 Potential to Telecommute: No
MTSI is a 100% employee owned by more than 1,300 engineers, analysts, and professionals dedicated to providing high caliber services to aerospace and defense and intelligence customers across the US. We are always looking for the best to join us as we grow.
Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry. Eligible new co-workers start at a rate of 20 days PTO/year, 10 holidays/year, 6% 401k match with immediate vesting, semi-annual bonuses, and eligibility to participate in our company funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). We offer other employee focused benefits, including up to $10k in annual tuition reimbursement and an optional zero dollar deductible BCBS health insurance plan.
For additional company information, please visit: http://www.mtsi-va.com/
• Serve as technical expert to the Cybersecurity Assessment Program providing technical direction, interpretation and alternatives to complex problems
• Conduct information system security engineering activities, confirm that information security requirements are effectively implemented throughout the security architecting, design, development, configuration, and implementation processes
• Employ best practices when implementing security controls, including software engineering methodologies, system/security engineering principles, secure design, secure architecture, and secure coding techniques
• Develop system security technical requirements to align with program capability development/production documents and the Cyber Survivability Attributes.
• Integrate/Develop new techniques to improve Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability for networks/systems operating at various classification levels
• Coordinate cybersecurity-related activities with Program Protection, System Engineers, Software Engineers, Program Managers and Intelligence Analysts across government and industry partners
• Ensure System Security requirements are implemented through the Systems Engineering process and are included in the test program for validation
• Coordinate with Cyber Test organizations to conduct both development and operational cyber test activities to ensure effectiveness of system security designs
• Assist program managers, system engineers, cyber test experts in conducting Mission Based Cyber Risk Assessments
• Assist with development and maintenance of the Program Protection Plan ensuring emerging threats are continually assessed and incorporated in requirements/design
• Participate in program protection analyses for program and system information, CPI, and critical components. Coordinate with the Anti-Tamper Executive Agent and test team to define AT requirements are implemented into system designs
• Prepare Risk Management Framework Assessment and Authorization package documentation to include System Security Plans, Architecture Analysis Reports, Risk Assessment Reports, Security Control Traceability Matrix and Continuous Monitoring Plans
• Identify points of vulnerability, non-compliance with established cybersecurity standards and regulations, and recommend mitigation strategies
• Apply knowledge of cybersecurity policy, procedures, and workforce structure to implement secure networking, computing, and enclave environments
• Perform system or network designs that encompass multiple enclaves to include those with differing data protection/classification requirements
• Provide expert support, research and analysis of exceptionally complex problems, and processes relating to them
• Work closely with customer to provide expert level consultation and technical services on all aspects of Information System Security.
• Respond to technical issues in a professional and timely manner.
Required Education, Certifications and Experience:
• AS degree from an accredited university including classes in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Information Security Systems Engineering, or related fields
• Four (4) years of experience working in a cybersecurity or related field
• Must meet position and certification requirements outlined in the DoDD 8570.01-M for Information Assurance Security Engineer (IASE) level 2
Desired Education, Certifications and Experience:
• BS degree from an accredited university in Computer Science/Engineering or other related engineering discipline
• Eight (8) years of experience working in a cybersecurity related field
Required Skills & Experience:
• Prior performance in roles such as ISSO, ISSM or SCA
• Experience conducting security control assessments and/or implementation using NIST SP 800-53, ICD 503 and JSIG
• Must have the ability to work in a dynamic environment and effectively interact with numerous DOD, military/civilian personnel and industry partners
• Demonstrated experience in Systems Engineering writing systems level requirements, architectures, and designs
• Knowledge and experience working in the Systems Engineering "V" Lifecycle framework
• Familiar with the Digital Engineering Environment including using Model Based Systems Engineering and Model Based Cyber Risk Assessment tools
• Experience in designing and implementing cybersecurity requirements in Cloud Solutions
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to take the initiative to complete tasks with minimal supervision
• Experience in Secure Software Development Lifecycle
• Experience working on DISA Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) implementation across multiple operating systems and applications
• Must be a team player and be able to work within all levels of a project team
• Excellent time management, scheduling, and organizational skills
• Ability to work well independently as well as follow detailed instructions for completing tasks
• Demonstrated ability to complete tasks, drive projects to closure, assimilate and correlate project information in a fast-paced environment
• Demonstrated ability to shift from one project to another in a dynamic, agile work environment
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to clearly translate client technical needs into technical specifications
• Ability to communicate technical approaches and details within small project teams, including team interactions and presentations
• Familiarity with security procedures while working in a SCIF/SAPF environment
Desired Skills & Experience:
• Experience with various Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) tools such as Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) (Nessus) and SCAP Compliance Checker (SCC)
• Experience using Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM) programs
• Experience with performing Mission Based Cyber Risk Assessments including the MRAP-C, Cyber Table Top or Blue Book
• Apply system security engineering expertise to various client programs/processes (e.g., system security design process, engineering life cycle, information domain and cross domain solutions, identification / authentication / authorization of commercial off-the-shelf and government off-the-shelf software employment, system integration, risk management, intrusion detection, contingency planning, incident handling, configuration control, change management, auditing, certification and accreditation process, principles of IA (confidentiality, integrity, non-repudiation, availability, and access control), security testing)
• Experience working on-site in a government client environment
Required Security Clearance:
Secret clearance accepted, but must be able to obtain a TS/SCI
Travel: 10% anticipated travel, but could vary
Opportunities at MTSI
- Joint Simulation Environment - Deputy to the Chief Engineer Edwards Air Force Base,California 02/01/2023
- System Engineering Assurance Engineer Fort Belvoir,Virginia 02/03/2023
- Senior Budget Analyst Huntsville,Alabama 02/03/2023
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.