Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO)Location: Beavercreek, Ohio Categories: Information Technology Req ID: 2022-6454 Potential to Telecommute: No
MTSI is a 100% employee owned by more than 1,300 engineers, analysts, and professionals dedicated to providing high caliber services to aerospace and defense and intelligence customers across the US. We are always looking for the best to join us as we grow.
Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry. Eligible new co-workers start at a rate of 20 days PTO/year, 10 holidays/year, 6% 401k match with immediate vesting, semi-annual bonuses, and eligibility to participate in our company funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). We offer other employee focused benefits, including up to $10k in annual tuition reimbursement and an optional zero dollar deductible BCBS health insurance plan.
For additional company information, please visit: http://www.mtsi-va.com/
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is seeking an experienced Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) who will be responsible for maintaining compliance with applicable security regulations, leading the Information Assurance program for various classified information systems, and collaborating with site-level Information Technology support in a customer facility.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
• Ensure systems are operated, maintained, and disposed of in accordance with security policies and procedures.
• Generate and maintain required IS security documentation including Systems Security Plans (SSP), Information Assurance Standard Operating Procedures (IA SOP), Continuous Monitoring Plans, Security Control Traceability Matrices, Risk Assessments, Plan of Action & Milestones (POA&M), equipment specifications, practices and procedures.
• Maintain customer-required Information Assurance (IA) certifications.
• Maintain day-to-day security posture and continuous monitoring of classified Information Systems (ISs).
• In coordination with IT, schedule, perform and maintain records of required IS auditing, software/hardware changes, and vulnerability scanning based on customer compliance requirements.
• Develop and conduct test procedures for verification Assessment and Authorization (A&A), Risk Management Framework (RMF) safeguards to meet customer requirements based upon ICD-703 and related NIST publications.
• Employ customer-approved procedures for sanitizing and releasing system components and media.
• Maintain a repository of security authorizations for ISs under the office’s purview.
• Assess changes to an IS by performing periodic self-inspections, tests and reviews of the IS program to ensure that systems are operating as authorized/accredited and that conditions have not changed; ensure corrective actions are taken for identified findings and vulnerabilities.
• Maintain a working knowledge of IS functions, security policies, technical security safeguards, and operational security measures Coordinate with Facility Security Officer (FSO) and Contractor Program Security Officer (CPSO) to define, implement and maintain information security policies, strategies, and procedures.
• Implement policies and procedures for responding to security incidents, and for investigating and reporting security violations and incidents.
• Ensure the development, documentation, and presentation of classified IS security education, awareness, and training activities.
• 5+ years of experience directly related to the above responsibilities.
• Associates degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Security, or related field (Bachelor’s degree preferred).
• 6 years of experience working in an IA-related field and/or 5-8 years of experience in IT with a heavy emphasis on systems administration.
• In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Windows OS (client and server); familiarity with Linux desired.
• CompTIA Security+ certification.
• CISSP - Certified Information Systems Security Professional certification desired.
• Experience with Joint SAP implementation Guide (JSIG).
• Experience with A&A documentation and system authorization artifacts.
• Knowledge of federal security requirements and mandates (e.g., RMF, Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS), National Standards of Information Technology (NIST)).
• Experience with security architectures, firewalls and network access.
• Experience with risk managed downloads, IS sanitization and destruction, PEDs, contaminations, incident response, virus scanning, privileged user access, and hardware/software configuration management.
• Experience using security hardening, collection and assessment tools (e.g. SCAP, WASSP, SECSCN, Nessus, etc.) is desired.
• Experience with CI/CD pipeline or DevSecOps.
• Experience with LogRhythm or other SIEM tool (Splunk, SolarWinds etc).
• Experience with RedHat Enterprise Linux.
• Strong communication skills – written and verbal.
• Good analytical and planning skills.
• Ability to learn quickly and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Must possess an active Top Secret security clearance. Duties will require unescorted entry and work within classified SAP and SCI facilities.
• Must have 12 months or more of experience in a SAP environment within the last 6 years.
Please Note: U.S. Citizenship is required for this position, due to contract requirements.
• Travel: Position requires up to 10% travel to CONUS areas
Opportunities at MTSI
- Mechanical/Structural Engineering SME Huntsville,Alabama 12/02/2022
- Principal Model Based Systems Engineer - MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
- Junior Model Based Systems Engineer / MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to email@example.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.