Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO)Location: Beavercreek, Ohio Categories: Information Technology Req ID: 2023-7490 Potential to Telecommute: No
Own Your Future.
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is seeking an experienced Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) who will be responsible for maintaining compliance with applicable security regulations, leading the Information Assurance program for various classified information systems, and collaborating with site-level Information Technology support in a customer facility.
TRAVEL WITHIN CONUS MAY BE REQUIRED UP TO 15%.
Why is MTSI known as a Great Place to Work?
- Interesting Work: Our co-workers support some of the most important and critical programs to our national defense and security.
- Values: Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry.
- 100% Employee Ownership: we have a stake in each other's success, and the success of our customers. It's also nice to know what's going on across the company; we have company wide town-hall meetings three times a year.
- Great Benefits - Most Full-Time Staff Are Eligible for:
- Starting PTO accrual of 20 days PTO/year + 10 holidays/year
- Flexible schedules
- 6% 401k match with immediate vesting
- Semi-annual bonus eligibility (July and December)
- Company funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - a separate qualified retirement account
- Up to $10,000 in annual tuition reimbursement
- Other company funded benefits, like life and disability insurance
- Optional zero deductible Blue Cross/Blue Shield health insurance plan
- Track Record of Success: We have grown every year since our founding in 1993
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is a 100% employee-owned engineering services and solutions company that provides high-demand technical expertise in Digital Transformation, Modeling and Simulation, Rapid Capability Development, Test and Evaluation, Artificial Intelligence, Autonomy, Cybersecurity and Mission Assurance.
MTSI delivers capabilities to solve problems of global importance. Founded in 1993, MTSI today has employees at over 20 offices and field sites worldwide.
For more information about MTSI, please visit www.mtsi-va.com.
• Perform day-to-day maintenance of systems, including auditing and patch management
• Perform technical security assessments of complex systems
• Identify points of vulnerability, non-compliance with established Information Assurance (IA) standards and regulations, and recommend mitigation strategies
• Apply knowledge of IA policy, procedures, and workforce structure to implement secure networking, computing, and enclave environments
• Write authorization and accreditation (A&A) documentation and ensure the systems are operated and maintained in accordance with these security plans
• Enforce the design and implementation of trusted relationships among external systems and architectures
• Support security planning, assessment, risk analysis, and risk management for client systems and programs
• Interact with technical team members from multiple organizations in a diversified, team environment
• Identify overall security requirements for the proper handling of client data
• Perform system or network designs that encompass multiple enclaves to include those with differing data protection/classification requirements
• Recommend system-level solutions to resolve security requirements
• Ensure all users have the requisite security clearances, authorizations, need-to-know, and are aware of their security responsibilities before granting access to client systems
• Conduct periodic reviews of information systems to ensure compliance with the security authorization package
• Perform key functions (above) and other security-related tasks as directed on multiple systems, at multiple sites, or for multiple clients.
• AS degree from an accredited university including classes in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Information Security Systems Engineering, or related fields
• Five (5) years of experience working in a cybersecurity or related field
• Must meet position and certification requirements outlined in the DoDD 8570.01-M for Information Assurance Technician (IAT) level 2 and Information Assurance Manager (IAM) level 1Expertise in network designs, routing, Software Defined Networks (SDN), Virtual Networks, Subnets, IPAM, DNS, Firewalls, TCP/IP, IPv4, and IPv6.
• CISSP or certifications in one or more of the following: CompTIA Security+, GIAC Industrial Cyber Security Certification (GICSP), GIAC Security Essentials (GSEC), GIAC Cyber Security Leadership (GSLC), or ISC2 Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP)
• Experience with both Windows- and Linux-based operating systems
• Expert knowledge of federal security requirements and mandates (e.g., RMF, Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS), National Standards of Information Technology (NIST))
• Experience working on DISA Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) implementation across multiple operating systems and applications
• Must be a team player and be able to work within all levels of a project team
• Excellent time management, scheduling, and organizational skills
• Ability to work well independently as well as follow detailed instructions for completing tasks
• Demonstrated ability to complete tasks, drive projects to closure, assimilate and correlate project information in a fast-paced environment
• Demonstrated ability to shift from one project to another in a dynamic, agile work environment
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to clearly translate client technical needs into technical specifications
• Ability to communicate technical approaches and details within small project teams, including team interactions and presentations
• Familiarity with security procedures while working in a SCIF/SAPF environment.
• Active Secret Clearance.
Opportunities at MTSI
- Software Engineer - Big Data Chantilly,Virginia 03/30/2023
- Senior Cybersecurity Engineer Washington,DC 03/30/2023
- Data Analysis/Engineering Intern- Graduate Level Mountain View,California 03/30/2023
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to email@example.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.