Modeling & Simulation ArchitectLocation: Beavercreek, Ohio Categories: Engineering Req ID: 2021-5573
MTSI is a 100% employee owned by more than 1,300 engineers, analysts, and professionals dedicated to providing high caliber services to aerospace and defense and intelligence customers across the US. We are always looking for the best to join us as we grow.
Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry. Eligible new co-workers start accruing PTO at a rate of 20 days/year, 10 holidays/year, 6% 401k match with immediate vesting, semi-annual bonuses, and eligibility to participate in our company funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). We offer other employee focused benefits, including up to $10k in annual tuition reimbursement and an optional zero dollar deductible BCBS health insurance plan.
For additional company information, please visit: http://www.mtsi-va.com/
MTSI is seeking a full-time Modeling and Simulation (M&S) Architect to develop and exercise a multi-domain M&S environment for the early and iterative evaluation of system-of-systems concepts’ effectiveness in operationally relevant scenarios. The ideal candidate will have experience developing and integrating physics-based models into simulation frameworks. This position will help the Government mature emerging technologies for the future of sensor and Mission Systems autonomy solutions to support the warfighter. The M&S Architect is responsible for working closely with software developers, engineers, and system architects to integrate many loosely-coupled, tightly-aligned software services for end-to-end testing in a simulation environment.
TRAVEL WITHIN CONUS MAY BE REQUIRED UP TO 25%.
• Manage and provide technical expertise for M&S efforts, including simulation environment architecture development, model development and integration (aircraft systems, mission systems, armament, complex battlespace, etc.), and standard simulation interface development.
• Interface with various contractor and government organizations involved in simulation, analysis, test, and flight simulator development.
• Scoping and managing operations analysis studies, building vignettes/scenarios in modeling and simulation environments, writing scripts as required for data reduction and analysis, and communicating results to the appropriate teams internal and external to the program for decision making.
• Develop performance models and algorithms, threat models and command and control models for new and/or existing system simulation frameworks
• 6+ years of experience
• BS in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aero Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Systems Engineering, Software Engineering or another related degree.
• Experience with simulation frameworks such as AFSIM, ITASE, or NGTS.
• Experience using model-based engineering tools, or agile methods/tools are additional benefit.
• Experience in RF/IR Systems, RF/IR analysis, RF/IR propagation effects, mission systems emulation and RF/IR systems experimentation.
• Ability to work independently and as part of an integrated product team.
• Preferred coding experience with languages such as C, C++, Python, MATLAB, or similar programing language.
• Must have an active Secret or Top Secret clearance and be able to attain a Top Secret Security Clearance. Duties will require unescorted entry and work within classified SAP and SCI facilities.
Please Note: U.S. Citizenship is required for this position, due to contract requirements
Opportunities at MTSI
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to email@example.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.