Modeling and Simulation (M&S) Engineer - MidLocation: Beavercreek, Ohio Categories: Engineering Req ID: 2023-7300 Potential to Telecommute: No
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is seeking a Mid level Modeling and Simulation (M&S) Engineer. You will support a small, highly empowered team at our Dayton, OH location where every team member is directly responsible for the success. You will utilize your M&S experience in systems, subsystem, and component models for aerospace applications.
At MTSI, our more than 1,600+ co-owners recognize the high demand for specialized professionals within our industry and that you have many options to choose from. We support some of the most important and critical programs to our national security and defense within aviation, space, ballistic missile and unmanned systems. We specialize in Systems engineering & integration, modeling & simulation, acquisitions & program support, test & evaluation, mission assurance & cybersecurity to name a few.
As an 100% employee owned company where culture matters we all have a stake in each other's success, and the success of our customers and we believe that by investing in our people we are investing in our company’s future! As our first core value stats, MTSI is an "employees come first" company with over 29 years of consecutive growth sense 1993 and a 91% retention rate across our entire organization, we challenge our co-owners to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry. Check out MTSI's 4.7 rating on GLASSDOOR
Day one all new co-owners start accruing PTO at a rate of 20 days + 10 federal holidays/year with (flexible schedules), semi-annual bonuses, 6% 401k match with immediate vesting, and eligibility to participate in our Company funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - a separate qualified retirement account. We also offer other employee focused benefits, including up to $10,000 in annual tuition reimbursement and an optional zero deductible Blue Cross/Blue Shield health insurance plan.
For additional company information: www.mtsi-va.com
As a Mid level Modeling and Simulation (M&S) Engineer with MTSI you will utilize your modeling and simulation experience in systems, subsystem, and component models for aerospace applications. This position is located in the Dayton, OH area.
Your essential job functions will include but may not be limited to:
- You will be responsible for development of models, algorithms and associated simulation software for the above system types and will perform trade-space analysis to assess and verify system characteristics and capabilities.
- You will document all software and hardware characteristics and changes to existing and new simulation environments; test architecture design and test planning; experimental design and test execution; data collection and analysis; and report generation.
- You will integrate models into complex simulation architectures, including engagement-level simulations, theater-level simulations, hardware-in-the-loop architectures.
- 10+ years' of experience in the use of modeling and simulation software development frameworks.
- Experience with at least one programming/software development language (MATLAB/Simulink, C, C++, Python).
- A basic understanding of aerospace system functions and dynamics, and how to model them, such as detailed sub-system models and flight dynamics models.
- Candidate should have demonstrated abilities to solve difficult hardware and software integration challenges.
- The candidate must be a motivated self-starter who is able to work both independently and in a collaborative team environment, often with minimal guidance and within rigid timelines.
- The candidate must have the ability to interact with data suppliers, work well with coworkers and interface with customers, all at disparate locations.
- The candidate must have outstanding skills in communicating complex technical issues and in providing comprehensive written, oral and/or digital products (including document organization and technical writing).
- The candidate must have good analytic skills and the ability to apply these skills in a multi-tasking environment where more than one project may require his/her participation at a given time (typically one primary project and one or two ancillary projects).
- The candidate should have familiarity with contractor and government roles in applying intelligence analysis to aerospace system development and acquisition.
- The candidate must be located in or willing to relocate to the Dayton, Ohio area.
- Professional training in modeling and simulation as related to space, missile and/or aerodynamic system performance.
- The candidate should possess familiarity with the Department of Defense (DoD) and the United States Intelligence Community (IC).
- Specific experience developing mathematical models of aerospace vehicle guidance navigation, and control components and algorithms.
- A basic understanding of system component integration and the ability to model entire systems or individual components, such as sensors, GNC, and propulsion, to varying levels of detail will be expected.
- B.S. degree in an engineering or physics discipline.
- Master’s degree in an engineering or physics discipline, (Desired).
- Current Secret to start.
- TS with SCI eligibility, (Desired).
- U.S. Citizenship is required for this position.
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
Opportunities at MTSI
- Joint Simulation Environment - Deputy to the Chief Engineer Edwards Air Force Base,California 02/01/2023
- System Engineering Assurance Engineer Fort Belvoir,Virginia 02/03/2023
- Senior Budget Analyst Huntsville,Alabama 02/03/2023
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.