Senior AFSIM EngineerLocation: Beavercreek, Ohio Categories: Engineering Req ID: 2023-7375 Potential to Telecommute: No
Own Your Future.
MTSI is seeking a Senior AFSIM Engineer with a security clearance to be responsible for leading and performing early systems engineering analyses and leading the development of analysis tools for an Air Force Life Cycle Management Center customer at WPAFB, Ohio. The Senior Analyst will be a part of the team of engineers, developers, program managers, and other professionals, co-located at the customer’s site at WPAFB.
Why is MTSI known as a Great Place to Work?
- Interesting Work: Our co-workers support some of the most important and critical programs to our national defense and security.
- Values: Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry.
- 100% Employee Ownership: we have a stake in each other's success, and the success of our customers. It's also nice to know what's going on across the company; we have company wide town-hall meetings three times a year.
- Great Benefits - Most Full-Time Staff Are Eligible for:
- Starting PTO accrual of 20 days PTO/year + 10 holidays/year
- Flexible schedules
- 6% 401k match with immediate vesting
- Semi-annual bonus eligibility (July and December)
- Company funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - a separate qualified retirement account
- Up to $10,000 in annual tuition reimbursement
- Other company funded benefits, like life and disability insurance
- Optional zero deductible Blue Cross/Blue Shield health insurance plan
- Track Record of Success: We have grown every year since our founding in 1993
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is a 100% employee-owned engineering services and solutions company that provides high-demand technical expertise in Digital Transformation, Modeling and Simulation, Rapid Capability Development, Test and Evaluation, Artificial Intelligence, Autonomy, Cybersecurity and Mission Assurance.
MTSI delivers capabilities to solve problems of global importance. Founded in 1993, MTSI today has employees at over 20 offices and field sites worldwide.
For more information about MTSI, please visit www.mtsi-va.com.
Duties to be independently executed include but are not limited to:
• Lead the development of models, modeling tools/methods, data analysis tools/methods, and/or processes to provide quick-turn solutions for narrowing the early systems engineering trade space for the warfighter. Senior Analyst will also provide documentation / training / sustainment of these homegrown capabilities for integration into the organization’s engineering practices.
• Provide subject matter expertise on analysis tools, modeling programs, and techniques to perform a wide range of analyses for early systems engineering and technical services, to include operational/mission-level analyses and other analyses as needed.
• Provide subject matter expertise in analysis / modeling tools, analysis planning, scripting languages, mathematical techniques, model development methodologies, data analytics, and/or results visualization / interpretation. Senior Analyst will be able to integrate their expertise and capabilities within the team and lead and mentor junior/mid-level team members. Senior Analyst will also provide analysis oversight for the team and review the analysis products and/or tools of junior/mid-level team members.
• Provide the technical leadership in early systems engineering projects that will impose engineering technical rigor and drive best practices within the organization.
• Lead Technical Reviews and support Program Management Reviews as needed, working with a range of internal and external stakeholders and various levels of leadership.
• Prepare reports and briefings of analytical findings and present to team / senior leadership.
• TS/SCI security clearance, with special access.
• 10+ years of modeling, simulation, and analysis (MS&A) experience related to Systems Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Data Science, and/or other scientific/technical area.
• Must have a thorough understanding and proficiency with multiple of the following tools: Python; R; R Shiny; Advanced Framework for Simulation, Integration, & Modeling (AFSIM); STORM; Extensible Architecture for the Analysis and Generation of Linked Simulation (EAAGLES); Excel; Visual Basic (Excel Macros); MATLAB; or other mission/operational analysis tools and/or data analysis tools.
• Must have extensive experience developing system models and/or tools, constructing and executing simulation and analysis plans, conducting trade studies and sensitivity analysis, interpreting and synthesizing results and translating them into concise and comprehensive artifacts for documenting and communicating to multiple audiences.
• Must have extensive experience in campaign-level, mission-level, or engineering-level modeling, simulation, and analysis.
• Must have a demonstrated ability to use creativity, foresight, and mature judgment in anticipating and solving problems; apply competency in evolving, complicated situations.
• Must be a team player and be able to work within all levels of a project team, including leading junior/mid-level team members.
• Must have excellent leadership, time management, organizational, and presentation skills, and ability to interface with senior leadership and external stakeholders.
• Must have a demonstrated ability to lead and complete substantial and complex projects/analyses, drive projects to closure, assimilate and correlate project information in a fast-paced environment.
• Must have a demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects and shift from one project to another in a dynamic, agile work environment.
• Must have excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to clearly translate client technical needs into technical specifications.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• 15 years of MS&A experience related to Systems Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Data Science, and/or other scientific/technical area.
• Knowledge/Experience in Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE), including MBSE tools such as Cameo MagicDraw and/or languages such as SysML.
• Knowledge of the Air Force Life Cycle Management Center’s framework, directives, and policies.
• Experience working on-site in a government client environment.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree or higher in a recognized engineering, data science, scientific and or other technical discipline that is relevant is required. Advanced degree (Master’s or higher) is preferred.
Security Clearance Level Required: TS/SCI with in-scope SSBI and SAP eligibility
Please Note: U.S. Citizenship is required.
Security Clearance Level Required: TS/SCI with in-scope SSBI and SAP eligibility HIGHLY desired. Strong candidates possessing only a Secret clearance (with SCI and SAP eligibility) may be considered.
Opportunities at MTSI
- Software Engineer - Big Data Chantilly,Virginia 03/30/2023
- Senior Cybersecurity Engineer Washington,DC 03/30/2023
- Data Analysis/Engineering Intern- Graduate Level Mountain View,California 03/30/2023
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.