Senior EngineerLocation: Beavercreek, Ohio Categories: Engineering Req ID: 2022-6744 Potential to Telecommute: No
MTSI is seeking an Senior Engineer to support an Air Force Life Cycle Management Center customer at WPAFB, Ohio. The customer organization is responsible for capability development and helping the Air Force make data-informed decisions by performing early systems engineering analyses, man-in-the-loop simulation, and testing. The Senior Engineer will work with other Engineers and Test Engineers, Program Managers, and other internal and external stakeholders to plan, execute, assess, and document various testing exercises/campaigns. This position will be co-located with the customer at WPAFB, OH.
At MTSI, our more than 1,400 co-owners recognize the high demand for specialized professionals within our industry and that you have many options to choose. As an employee owned company where culture matters, we believe that by investing in our people we are investing in our company’s future!
MTSI’s core capabilities are Systems Engineering and Integration, Modeling and Simulation, Test and Evaluation, Acquisition and Program Support, and Mission Assurance services. Our expertise includes ballistic missile defense, air defense, air vehicle survivability, unmanned aircraft, flight test operations, intelligence support, and cyber/space/homeland defense.
Recognized as an "employee comes first" company with over 27 years of consecutive growth we challenge our co-owners to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry. Day one all new co-workers start accruing PTO at a rate of 20 days, 6% 401k match with immediate vesting, semi-annual bonuses, and eligibility to participate in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). We offer other employee focused benefits, including up to $10k in tuition reimbursement and an optional zero dollar deductible BCBS health insurance plan.
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
Duties to be independently executed include but are not limited to:
• Develop integration plans and procedures, and organize resources to facilitate development and testing of advanced technologies for military applications.
• Document engineering activities, including writing reports, analyzing test data, and making recommendations to the leadership/engineering team.
• Lead development and communication of roadmaps for programs and associated technologies and product lines.
• Serve as the primary technology and systems engineering focal point by leading and advising engineering managers, program managers, business development managers, product line managers, and component architects.
• Establish trusted and influential relationships with customers, suppliers, and other stakeholders.
• Work both individually and with a broader engineering team.
• Use experience, technical education, resources, and creativity to develop and test a broad spectrum of technologies for military applications.
• Minimum 7 years of engineering experience, with experience in system-level design and testing and/or military programs
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or other relevant technical discipline.
• Must have a TS clearance with in-scope SSBI and SCI/SAP eligibility.
• Must be a self-starter who thrives in a dynamic environment, can accomplish high-level tasks independently, is skilled in problem definition, and works well with other team members and customers.
• Must have a high level of motivation, be adept at exploring and learning about new technologies, and have a demonstrated record of successfully taking ownership and responsibility for projects.
• Must have a demonstrated ability to coordinate with both internal and external organizations to accomplish common goals.
• Must have the ability to multi-task, respond to quick turn-around requests, and produce quality products.
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Specialized knowledge in any of the following areas: RF, Space Systems, Payload Integration, Flight Test, EW, etc.
• 10 years of Engineering experience.
• Knowledge of the Air Force Life Cycle Management Center’s framework, directives, and policies.
• Experience working on-site in a government client environment.
Security Clearance Level Required: TS with in-scope SSBI and SCI/SAP eligibility
Please Note: U.S. Citizenship is required.
Opportunities at MTSI
- Mechanical/Structural Engineering SME Huntsville,Alabama 12/02/2022
- Principal Model Based Systems Engineer - MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
- Junior Model Based Systems Engineer / MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.