Senior Geospatial Intelligence (GEOINT) Scientist - S&TILocation: Beavercreek, Ohio Categories: Program Management Req ID: 2022-7247 Potential to Telecommute: No
Own Your Future.
MTSI is seeking a Senior Geospatial Intelligence (GEOINT) Scientist - S&TI in our Beavercreek, OH location.
Why is MTSI known as a Great Place to Work?
- Interesting Work: Our co-workers support some of the most important and critical programs to our national defense and security.
- Values: Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry.
- 100% Employee Ownership: we have a stake in each other's success, and the success of our customers. It's also nice to know what's going on across the company; we have company wide town-hall meetings three times a year.
- Great Benefits - Most Full-Time Staff Are Eligible for:
- Starting PTO accrual of 20 days PTO/year + 10 holidays/year
- Flexible schedules
- 6% 401k match with immediate vesting
- Semi-annual bonus eligibility (July and December)
- Company funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - a separate qualified retirement account
- Up to $10,000 in annual tuition reimbursement
- Other company funded benefits, like life and disability insurance
- Optional zero deductible Blue Cross/Blue Shield health insurance plan
- Track Record of Success: We have grown every year since our founding in 1993
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is a 100% employee-owned engineering services and solutions company that provides high-demand technical expertise in Digital Transformation, Modeling and Simulation, Rapid Capability Development, Test and Evaluation, Artificial Intelligence, Autonomy, Cybersecurity and Mission Assurance.
MTSI delivers capabilities to solve problems of global importance. Founded in 1993, MTSI today has employees at over 20 offices and field sites worldwide.
For more information about MTSI, please visit www.mtsi-va.com.
The Senior Geospatial Intelligence (GEOINT) Scientist will support the National Air & Space Intelligence Center (NASIC) at Wright Patterson Air Force Base (WPAFB). Responsibilities include data processing, analysis, algorithm enhancements, and the development of highly advanced technical technologies, scientific principles, theories, and concepts. In addition, the Senior
GEOINT Scientist will:
• Perform data exploitation of literal and non-literal sensor data in the application of remote sensing technology to solve technical intelligence issues.
• Analyze collected GEOINT data based on identified evaluation measures and metrics.
• Assist team members in identifying key findings/observations based on data analysis.
• Perform in-depth processing and exploitation of data and dissemination of phenomenology reports.
• Collaborate with IC and DoD agencies on research projects in relevant areas.
• Possess experience with the development and implementation of standards related to geographic information, metadata, geography, GML, application schemas, schema implementation & registries.
• Lead technical personnel and activities for large programs or groups of programs.
• Write detailed reports and brief Air Force senior leaders that identify the capabilities and limitations of evaluated data to support decisions on procurement and fielding.
• Coordinate with team members to ensure a consistent, analytically sound evaluation methodology is utilized in accordance with Intelligence Community Directives (ICDs).
- Knowledge of active and/or passive sensor phenomenology, capabilities, and limitations.
- Familiarity with National GEOSPATIAL Intelligence Agency (NGA) mission, products, and role in the NSG community.
- Experience writing finished intelligence reports.
- Ability to research advanced topics independently or as part of a highly skilled technical team.
- Demonstrated oral and written communications, including the ability to prepare briefings of technical material to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience with software programs including but not limited to: ENVI, SOCKET GXP, AGITK, ASP.
- Minimum 15 years’ experience.
- Ability to manage, manipulate, process, and analyze large data sets.
- Strong track record of developing novel pre/post-processing algorithms.
- Demonstrated knowledge/programming skills (i.e. MATLAB, Python, C++).
- Strong technical writing and briefing skills.
- Experience in performing research in spatial and/or temporal (ST) data mining, ST databases, ST statistics; machine learning and cybersecurity, and/or digital forensics.
- Recognized within a discipline relevant to the work associated with the position. Types of recognition include Federal, national, or internationally recognized professional organization or academia, and/or relevant publications in reputable medium.
- BS, MS, or Ph.D. in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Engineering Management, Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Image Science, Remote Sensing, Geography, or related STEM degree program.
- Top Secret Clearance required
NOTE: the information in the job announcement has NOT been reviewed and approved by the referenced Government customer/program office/team
Opportunities at MTSI
- Senior Service Desk Administrator Alexandria,Virginia 06/09/2023
- Principal Visual Arts Engineering SME Cape Canaveral,Florida 06/09/2023
- Technical Operations SME Washington,DC 06/09/2023
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.