Sr. Systems EngineerLocation: Beavercreek, Ohio Categories: Engineering Req ID: 2023-7274 Potential to Telecommute: No
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is seeking a Sr. Systems Engineer to join our growing team at Wright-Patterson AFB in Ohio.
At MTSI, our more than 1,400 co-owners recognize the high demand for specialized professionals within our industry and that you have many options to choose. As an employee owned company where culture matters, we believe that by investing in our people we are investing in our company’s future!
MTSI’s core capabilities are Systems Engineering and Integration, Modeling and Simulation, Test and Evaluation, Acquisition and Program Support, and Mission Assurance services. Our expertise includes ballistic missile defense, air defense, air vehicle survivability, unmanned aircraft, flight test operations, intelligence support, and cyber/space/homeland defense.
Recognized as an "employee comes first" company with over 27 years of consecutive growth we challenge our co-owners to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry. Day one all new co-workers begin accruing 20 days PTO, 6% 401k match with immediate vesting, semi-annual bonuses, and eligibility to participate in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). We offer other employee focused benefits, including up to $10k in tuition reimbursement and an optional zero dollar deductible BCBS health insurance plan.
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
Tasks and responsibilities are inclusive of but not limited to:
• Exhibit and apply knowledge and experience in DoD engineering principles, criteria, and common engineering/scientific principles, processes, and procedures to improve performance and sustainability of existing and future AF and joint service weapon systems USAF systems, subsystems, and equipment procurement activities, post award project/program management tasks, and acquisition programs throughout their life cycles
• Provide technical leadership to the vision, design, and oversight of complex projects, spanning hardware and software solutions
• Provide technical expertise in aircraft software and hardware development efforts
• Manage product backlogs and agile workloads
• Lead daily scrums, technical discussions, and review of technical data
• Provide insight and technical contribution as needed to a wide range of systems engineering tasks to include requirements management and test/evaluation activities
• Coordinate between USG leadership, development teams, vendors, and system users to ensure system planning, design, and implementation meets mission needs and resource constraints
• Identify, track, and report project and system risks
• Create and maintain systems engineering documentation related to the overall program
• Review and assess systems engineering documentation generated by development teams
• Document accomplishments and insight via documentation and other coordination to include trip reports, monthly status reports, collaboration exchanges, program management reviews, and end-of-task reporting
• Exhibit and apply risk management and opportunities experience
• Ability to oversee implementation of vision to enable new capabilities to meet user needs, including understanding and communicating requirements decomposition, traceability, and verification
• Demonstrate proficiency in agile software development
• Proficiency in use of Systems Engineering tools for requirements management (e.g. IBM DOORS) and model based systems engineering MBSE (e.g. IBM Rhapsody and NoMagic Cameo Systems Modeler)
• Minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in the respective technical/professional discipline being performed, five (5) of which must be in the DoD.
• Bomber, Fighter, or ISR platform experience
• ACAT II and III program-level experience
• Special Access Program (SAP) experience
Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Aerospace engineering from an ABET accredited institution required. Systems Engineering specializations and a master’s degree highly desired.
• Possess the advanced knowledge, experience and recognized ability to be considered an expert
• Prepares documentation and reports, and participates in meetings with internal and external customers
• Mentor junior employees and actively participates in their professional development in their technical/professional field
• Demonstrate advanced knowledge of their technical/professional discipline as well as possess a comprehensive understanding and ability to apply associated standards, procedures and practices in their area of expertise (Program Office, Enterprise and Staff Level Support interface)
• Be a high-performer, comfortable operating in multidisciplinary teams of industry, government and military personnel consisting of engineers, analysts, scientists, pilots and other aircrew
• Ability to demonstrate senior-level knowledge, understanding, and application of DoD acquisition processes as identified in DoD Instruction 5000.02 “OPERATION OF THE ADAPTIVE ACQUISITION FRAMEWORK” and Air Force Policy Directive (AFPD) 63-1/20-1, Integrated Life Cycle Management
• Proficiency in both verbal and written communications to senior leadership and program management. This includes the ability to brief effectively to decision makers, generate official documentation such as memorandums for record for approval by leadership, and communicate professionally and clearly via email
Daily workplace is in a DoD facility on Wright-Patterson AFB. Telework is not authorized due to the nature of the work.
Must possess a minimum of an active Secret Clearance with TS/SCI Eligibility
TS/SCI Eligibility based on a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) within 6 years.
Polygraph and drug testing is a condition of employment.
U.S. Citizenship Required
Opportunities at MTSI
- Joint Simulation Environment - Deputy to the Chief Engineer Edwards Air Force Base,California 02/01/2023
- System Engineering Assurance Engineer Fort Belvoir,Virginia 02/03/2023
- Senior Budget Analyst Huntsville,Alabama 02/03/2023
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to email@example.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.