Systems Engineer - SMELocation: Beavercreek, Ohio Categories: Engineering Req ID: 2023-7524 Potential to Telecommute: No
Own Your Future.
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is seeking a Systems Engineer - SME in Beavercreek, OH.
Why is MTSI known as a Great Place to Work?
- Interesting Work: Our co-workers support some of the most important and critical programs to our national defense and security.
- Values: Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry.
- 100% Employee Ownership: we have a stake in each other's success, and the success of our customers. It's also nice to know what's going on across the company; we have company wide town-hall meetings three times a year.
- Great Benefits - Most Full-Time Staff Are Eligible for:
- Starting PTO accrual of 20 days PTO/year + 10 holidays/year
- Flexible schedules
- 6% 401k match with immediate vesting
- Semi-annual bonus eligibility (July and December)
- Company funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - a separate qualified retirement account
- Up to $10,000 in annual tuition reimbursement
- Other company funded benefits, like life and disability insurance
- Optional zero deductible Blue Cross/Blue Shield health insurance plan
- Track Record of Success: We have grown every year since our founding in 1993
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is a 100% employee-owned engineering services and solutions company that provides high-demand technical expertise in Digital Transformation, Modeling and Simulation, Rapid Capability Development, Test and Evaluation, Artificial Intelligence, Autonomy, Cybersecurity and Mission Assurance.
MTSI delivers capabilities to solve problems of global importance. Founded in 1993, MTSI today has employees at over 20 offices and field sites worldwide.
For more information about MTSI, please visit www.mtsi-va.com.
This position requires a thorough understanding of the DoD systems engineering process, policy and procedures in the acquisition, manufacturing, fielding, and sustainment, modernization and disposal of new, existing and future weapons systems and capabilities. Candidates will leverage their engineering experience and technical writing skills to develop new Anti-Tamper SCG(s), edit/modify/update current SCGs, staff, and publish end SCG products. Personnel performing in this position shall apply knowledge of and expertise in DoD, AF and common engineering and scientific principles, criteria and procedures to improve planned and existing AF and joint service weapon system manufacture, operations, re-manufacture and de-militarization operations and oversight. Individuals will work with the Department of Defense Anti-Tamper office and industry partners in assessing current and future weapons systems’ vulnerabilities to adversary’s exploitation. It is highly desired that personnel in this position have expertise in understanding integrated circuitry, industry standard processors, and memory chips and be familiar with lab equipment used to assess and exploit circuity, processors, and memory chips as well as have familiarity with methodologies for reverse engineering electronic systems and integrated circuitry.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Requires SME level Engineering Education and Experience.
• Provide Systems Engineering support for technology and product acquisitions to include long-term planning, request for proposal (RFP) development, and technical oversight of ongoing projects.
• Assess acquired capabilities in achieving system design requirements and specification.
• Identify technologies and evaluate system/subsystem design functions and improvements to protect Critical Program Information (CPI).
• Develop plans to assess security features of Government Off-The-Shelf (GOTS) and Commercial Off-The Shelf (COTS) components for CPI information vulnerability to exploitation and reverse engineering.
• Work with DoD Anti-Tamper Evaluation Teams to understand current designs and identify vulnerabilities to foreign and adversary exploitation.
• Work with industry partners to develop and evaluate friendly forces lab exploitation capabilities of US weapons systems’ electronic circuitry
• Develop new standards to improve US weapons system anti-tamper/anti-exploitation design, development, manufacturing, training, and sustainment.
• Support creation (technical content) and maintenance of multiple collateral and Special Access Program (SAP) Security Classification guides (SCG).
• Provide support to Anti-Tamper courses by teaching modules to industry and Government participants, and assist with curriculum development and updates, as required.
• Shall assist in translating user requirements into system requirements, which will be used to design, develop, fabricate, test and evaluate systems, subsystems and equipment for deployment.
• Shall apply engineering principles and technical understanding of subject matter material into initial development, modification/updates/revisions, and maintenance of technical Anti-Tamper Security Classification Guides (SCG) using technical writing skills.
• Shall create, update, and sustain SCGs by initiating and managing staff reviews, providing technical edits, finalizing approved products, and publishing.
• Shall assist with the development of requirements and technology needs into action plans and policies necessary to improve and retain world class manufacturing, operations, re-manufacturing and de-militarization of weapon system capabilities.
• Shall perform technical/mission analyses of existing and potential operational requirements, assists in developing system concepts and performs technological/trade-off study assessments of proposed designs.
• Shall develop and review the overall system design baseline (architecture and interoperability requirements).
• Shall assist with developmental planning support in evaluation of military mission to be accomplished and related requirements documentation; define the set of military missions to be performed. Reviews and analyzes proposals, including regulatory and other policy driver changes or proposed modifications for design feasibility and system compatibility.
• Shall review specifications, including system, system segment and equipment specifications, and Interface Control Documents (ICDs) involved in programs.
• Shall support and conduct engineering performance, effectiveness, cost effectiveness, cost performance, lifecycle cost, producibility, maintainability, supportability, reliability, technical and schedule risk assessment and scheduling trade-off studies.
• Shall support and conduct systems analyses to include, but not limited to, system design/design feasibility and state-of-the-art assessment.
• Shall support the development and evaluation of Integrated Master Plan (IMP), Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) and Systems Engineering Detail Schedule engineering cost estimates.
• Shall evaluate systems’ test plans and Test and Evaluation Master Plans and participates in the conduct of system, subsystem and component testing.
• Shall provide systems/subsystems integration support for the acquisition, development and verification of systems and equipment.
• Shall support weapons systems lifecycle including but not limited to analysis of alternatives, creation of investment strategies, manufacturing, support and end-of-life processes.
• Shall teach learning modules within Anti-Tamper courses to industry and Government participants, and assist in curriculum development, as required.
Additional Highly Desired Experience and Qualifications:
• Experience developing programs to evaluate weapons system, training systems, maintenance support equipment, hardware and software security features, weapons systems development best practices and documentation and standardization of anti-tamper and counter reverse engineering exploitation designs.
• Experience evaluating current fielded weapons systems to determine anti-tamper and reverse engineering susceptibility based on vendor design.
• Experience identifying susceptibility of critical protected information from exploitation and reverse engineering.
• Experience identify methodologies to improve resistance of current and future electronic circuits to reverse engineering and exploitation.
• Experience supporting development of industry and DoD standards for future weapons systems to improve resistance to reverse engineering exploitation.
• Experience working with industry to assess tamper resistance of current weapons systems within the acquisition development cycle.
• Experience working within the electronic exploitation lab environment, utilizing or having familiarity with state of the art exploitation equipment and instrumentation to evaluate current and new processors, memory units, and electronic circuits to exploit weaknesses, identify improvements to design, and develop new standards to deter technological exploitation.
• BS required and MS Electrical, Radar, Software, Microelectronics, or Computer Engineering degree. (MS degree may be waiverable with customer approval)
• Minimum of 20 years of relevant DoD work experience. (Years of experience may be waiverable with customer approval)
• No less than three (3) years’ experience in a SAP and/or SCI environment within the last five (5) years. (years of SAP/SCI experience may be waiverable with customer approval)
• Possess an active Top Secret security clearance, based upon a Single Scope Background (SSBI or SBPR).
• Must be eligible for Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) and Special Access Programs (SAP) access.
Opportunities at MTSI
- First-Flight Test Director Edwards Air Force Base,California 02/18/2023
- Software Engineer - Big Data Chantilly,Virginia 03/30/2023
- Senior Cybersecurity Engineer Washington,DC 03/30/2023
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.