Jr. Software Engineer - Big Data/CloudLocation: Chantilly, Virginia Categories: Software Engineering Req ID: 2021-5550 Potential to Telecommute: No
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is seeking a Jr. Software Engineer. You will have the opportunity to grow with and support a small, highly empowered team at our Chantilly, VA location where every team member is directly responsible for the success. Your focus will be on projects emphasizing cloud-hosted solutions and services, Big Data technologies, and modern web frameworks all within an agile development model.
Why is MTSI known as a Great Place to Work?
- Interesting Work: Our co-workers support some of the most important and critical programs to our national defense and security.
- Values: Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry.
- 100% Employee Ownership: we have a stake in each other's success, and the success of our customers. It's also nice to know what's going on across the company; we have company wide town-hall meetings three times a year.
- Great Benefits:
- 20 days PTO/year + 10 holidays/year
- Flexible schedules
- 6% 401k match with immediate vesting
- Semi-annual bonus eligibility (July and December)
- Company funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - a separate qualified retirement account
- Up to $10,000 in annual tuition reimbursement
- Other company funded benefits
- Optional zero deductible Blue Cross/Blue Shield health insurance plan
- Track Record of Success: We have grown every year since our founding in 1993
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
As a Jr. Software Engineer with MTSI you will focus on projects emphasizing cloud-hosted solutions and services, data science and Data ingestion technologies, and modern web frameworks all within an agile development model. This position will be located in Chantilly, VA.
Your essential job functions will include but may not be limited to:
- You will support work on large data sets and near-real-time content services and 2-D and 3-D visualization, using standards-based approaches.
- You will supporting software design and development, as well as test and documentation activities.
- 1+ years of software engineering, development, or Big Data experience, to include recent experience in agile software engineering environments.
- TS clearance with SCI eligibility.
- You must be able to demonstrate skill in in at least one or more high-level programming languages (e.g., Java, C/C++).
- An interest and some knowledge of one modern Big Data (e.g., Hadoop), ETL (e.g., NiFi), Data Science (e.g., MapReduce), or web framework (e.g., AngularJS) technology.
- You must be able to work both independently and in a collaborative team environment and meet required schedules and timelines.
- You must have the ability to interact with data suppliers, work well with coworkers and teammates.
- You must have outstanding skills in communicating complex technical issues and in providing comprehensive written, oral and/or digital products (including document organization and technical writing).
- You must have good analytic skills and the ability to apply these skills in a multi-tasking environment where more than one project may require his/her participation at a given time (typically one primary project and one or two ancillary projects).
- Specific experience with implementing and deploying applications and services on Commercial Cloud Services (C2S).
- Experience with commercial cloud services, such as:
- Amazon Web Services.
- Experience with the Cloudera platform.
- Experience with the following technologies:
- RESTful Web Services.
- Parallel programming.
- Big Data experience with Accumulo, HBase or GeoMesa
- Apache NiFi
- Docker or Kubernetes
- Experience with software design and implementation compliant with Risk Management Framework (RMF) requirements and ICD 503, including familiarity with IC PKI and Attribute Based Access Control.
- Experience with National Reconnaissance Office (NRO) programs, or other IC software engineering projects.
- B.S. in a computer science, data science, engineering, math, statistics, operations research, or related field.
- AWS Certified
- Security+ Certified
- TS clearance with SCI eligibility.
- U.S. Citizenship is required for this position.
Opportunities at MTSI
- Mechanical/Structural Engineering SME Huntsville,Alabama 12/02/2022
- Principal Model Based Systems Engineer - MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
- Junior Model Based Systems Engineer / MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to email@example.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.