Software Engineer - Big DataChantilly, Virginia Job ID: 2023-7631 Potential to Telecommute: No
A 100% employee-owned and operated technology firm, Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) provides high-demand technical expertise in Digital Engineering & Transformation, Space Systems, Unmanned Systems, Flight Test Engineering, Modeling and Simulation, Cybersecurity, and DevOps for advanced defense and intelligence special programs. MTSI delivers first-choice capabilities to solve problems of global importance. We are proud of our proven track record of outstanding service and customer satisfaction.
We work hard to protect our reputation by providing quality technical and programmatic work and employing ethical, honest, and fair business practices. Founded in 1993, MTSI today has employees at over 20 offices and field sites worldwide.
- Full Time
- Level: TS/SCI
- Travel: Minimal (if any)
What makes a successful candidate? See if you have what it takes.
When you join our engineering team, you'll collaborate on some of the most advanced development programs for our Department of Defense (DoD) and intelligence customers. Together as a team, you will typically work on-site with our government customers to go above and beyond to deliver effective solutions. Come and join a 100% employee-owned workplace that encourages you to take control of your career success.
- Emotional Intelligence
Since 1993, co-founders have collaborated to put employees first and make our customers successful. When you work at a 100% employee-owned company, you're empowered to think and act like an owner. Whether you're interested in learning new skills or taking your career to the next level, we put our employees first so we can help make your professional goals happen. We believe that by investing in our people, we're investing in our company's future.
- Additional source of substantial retirement
- Employees share in ownership of MTSI without any personal contribution or
- Our ESOP is the best way to ensure we
maintain an enduring company
- Participants receive both allocations of the annual company contributions and growth in account value as the shares of stock may appreciate
I take pride in watching the contribution
that our people have made toward national priorities.
Chairman of the Board
Own your environment
See what it means to lead the nation’s defense and security.
At MTSI, we want our employees to live their best lives – personally and professionally. That’s why we offer employee-driven, industry-leading benefits and compensation, so you can explore and pursue passions. Most full-time employees are eligible for the following benefits:
20 days of PTO
and 10 Holidays per
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is seeking an experienced Software Engineer - Big Data with Java and Apache NiFi experience to join our team in Chantilly, VA. We are a small, but highly empowered team where every team member is directly responsible for the success of our mission. In your role, you will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining data ingestion infrastructure for a project using an agile development model.
Why is MTSI known as a Great Place to Work?
- Interesting Work: Our co-workers support some of the most important and critical programs to our national defense and security.
- Values: Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry.
- 100% Employee Ownership: we have a stake in each other's success, and the success of our customers. It's also nice to know what's going on across the company; we have company wide town-hall meetings three times a year.
- Great Benefits - Most Full-Time Staff Are Eligible for:
- Starting PTO accrual of 20 days PTO/year + 10 holidays/year
- Flexible schedules
- 6% 401k match with immediate vesting
- Semi-annual bonus eligibility (July and December)
- Company funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - a separate qualified retirement account
- Up to $10,000 in annual tuition reimbursement
- Other company funded benefits, like life and disability insurance
- Optional zero deductible Blue Cross/Blue Shield health insurance plan
- Track Record of Success: We have grown every year since our founding in 1993
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is a 100% employee-owned engineering services and solutions company that provides high-demand technical expertise in Digital Transformation, Modeling and Simulation, Rapid Capability Development, Test and Evaluation, Artificial Intelligence, Autonomy, Cybersecurity and Mission Assurance.
MTSI delivers capabilities to solve problems of global importance. Founded in 1993, MTSI today has employees at over 20 offices and field sites worldwide.
For more information about MTSI, please visitwww.mtsi-va.com.
As an experienced Software Engineer - Big Data with MTSI with experience in Java and Apache NiFi. You will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining data ingestion infrastructure for a project using an agile development model. This position will be located in Chantilly, VA.
Your essential job functions will include but may not be limited to:
- Design, implement, and maintain data ingestion and ETL pipelines.
- Manage and maintain Apache NiFi clusters running as containerized workloads in Kubernetes.
- Manage other components of our data infrastructure, such as Apache Kafka, as required.
- Analyze new data sources and integrate them into our data pipeline.
- Collaborate with other teams to ensure successful integration of data infrastructure with existing systems.
- 5+ years' of experience in software engineering and data engineering.
- Proficiency in at least one or more high-level programming languages (e.g., Java, Python, C/C++).
- Experience working with Linux-based servers and systems.
- Experience with at least one modern Big Data (e.g., Hbase), ETL (e.g., Apache NiFi), or Data Science (e.g., MapReduce) technology.
- Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with AWS services (e.g., S3).
- Experience with containerizing applications using Docker and deploying them to a container orchestration platform (e.g., Kubernetes).
- Experience with Accumulo, Hbase, GeoMesa, or Databricks.
- Experience with Apache Kafka.
- Experience with GeoServer or Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) standards.
- Experience with monitoring and logging tools (e.g., Prometheus, Grafana, Elasticsearch, Kibana).
- Experience with CI/CD tools (e.g., Helm, Harbor, ArgoCD, Jenkins).
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, data science, engineering, math, statistics, operations research, or related field.
- DoD 8570 IAT level 3 (CompTIA Security+) compliant.
- AWS certification (e.g., AWS Solutions Architect Associate or Professional).
- Current Top Secret with SCI eligibility, to start.
- TS/SCI and CI Poly, (DESIRED).
- U.S. Citizenship is required for this position.
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
Opportunities at MTSI
- Senior Service Desk Administrator Alexandria,Virginia 06/09/2023
- Principal Visual Arts Engineering SME Cape Canaveral,Florida 06/09/2023
- Technical Operations SME Washington,DC 06/09/2023
Sign Up For Job Alerts
By signing up for Job Alerts, you’ll receive the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.Sign Up For Job Alerts
Join Our Talent Community
Joining our Talent Community allows us to send you company news, event announcements and other career-related information.Join our talent community