Space IR Data Processing EngineerLocation: Chantilly, Virginia Categories: Systems Engineering Req ID: 2022-6267 Potential to Telecommute: Yes
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc (MTSI) is seeking a Space IR Data Processing Engineer to fill a SETA (Systems Engineering and Technical Assistance) position with the Space Development Agency (SDA). SDA is breaking the norms of the DoD acquisition cycle, delivering a new tranche of hundreds of satellites every two years. The IR Data Processing Engineer will support the development of the Tranche 1 Tracking Layer. Each vendor of the Tranche 1 Tracking Layer will be designing, building, and launching satellites in approximately 30 months to provide near-global IR event detection. The IR Data Processing Engineer will support the Government in developing cutting edge algorithms for threat detection and will perform critical analysis of the satellite vendor sensor designs. This position will be part of a team of MTSI personnel providing SETA support. A significant portion of the work may be done from home or remote, and occasional travel may be required. Travel to the vendor locations will be required.
At MTSI, our more than 1,400+ co-owners recognize the high demand for specialized professionals within our industry and that you have many options to choose. As an employee owned company where culture matters, we believe that by investing in our people we are investing in our company’s future!
MTSI’s core capabilities are Systems Engineering and Integration, Modeling and Simulation, Test and Evaluation, Acquisition and Program Support, and Mission Assurance services. Our expertise includes ballistic missile defense, air defense, air vehicle survivability, unmanned aircraft, flight test operations, intelligence support, and cyber/space/homeland defense.
Recognized as an "employee comes first" company with over 28 years of consecutive growth we challenge our co-owners to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry. Day one all new co-workers start accruing PTO at a rate of 20 days, 6% 401k match with immediate vesting, semi-annual bonuses, and eligibility to participate in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). We offer other employee focused benefits, including up to $10k in tuition reimbursement and an optional zero dollar deductible BCBS health insurance plan.
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
As a Space IR Data Processing Engineer with MTSI, you will apply knowledge and expertise to perform technical engineering support and analysis of spacecraft and payloads. A significant portion of the work may be done from home or remote. Travel to vendor locations will be required.
Your essential job functions will include but may not be limited to:
- Developing algorithms fro threat detection from space-based IR sensors.
- Assisting the Government in analyzing contractor concept designs at the system and subsystem levels.
- Performing modeling and simulation of sensor performance in accordance with mission CONOPs.
- Acting as the subject matter expert in IR threat detection and imaging science.
- 10+ years of experience in the development of IR sensors and IR detection technology.
- Experience with frame integration and frame stacking algorithms.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Self-starter capable of making decisions and taking actions with minimal direct supervision.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- 5+ years’ experience in the DoD or Intelligence Community.
- Bachelor's degree in aerospace engineering, electrical engineering, systems engineering, physics, or a closely related field from an accredited university.
- Master's degree in aerospace engineering, electrical engineering, systems engineering, physics, or a closely related field from an accredited university, (DESIRED).
- Active SECRET clearance to start, with SCI Eligibility.
- Active Top Secret/SCI Clearance (Desired).
- U.S. Citizenship is required for this position.
Opportunities at MTSI
- Mechanical/Structural Engineering SME Huntsville,Alabama 12/02/2022
- Principal Model Based Systems Engineer - MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
- Junior Model Based Systems Engineer / MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to email@example.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.