Space Systems Modeling and Simulation AnalystLocation: Chantilly, Virginia Categories: Engineering Req ID: 2023-7345 Potential to Telecommute: Hybrid
Own Your Future.
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is seeking a Space Systems Modeling and Simulation Analyst to fill a SETA (Scientific, Engineering, and Technical Assistance) position with the Space Development Agency (SDA). SDA is breaking the norms of the DoD acquisition cycle, delivering a new tranche of hundreds of satellites every two years. SDA is a fast-paced organization and is changing the way that the Department of Defense acquires space systems. The SDA constellation consists of several layers, including the Transport Layer, the Tracking Layer, and the Support Layer. Tying this large number of constellations together into an integrated system is a complicated modeling and simulation task and MTSI is seeking a talented engineer to develop and maintain models of the SDA constellation and to provide detailed analysis in support of SDA’s space vehicle development, using tools such as AFSIM, STK, and custom code. This position will be part of a team of MTSI personnel providing SETA support to SDA in Chantilly, VA, however, hybrid arrangements are possible.
Why is MTSI known as a Great Place to Work?
- Interesting Work: Our co-workers support some of the most important and critical programs to our national defense and security.
- Values: Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry.
- 100% Employee Ownership: we have a stake in each other's success, and the success of our customers. It's also nice to know what's going on across the company; we have company wide town-hall meetings three times a year.
- Great Benefits - Most Full-Time Staff Are Eligible for:
- Starting PTO accrual of 20 days PTO/year + 10 holidays/year
- Flexible schedules
- 6% 401k match with immediate vesting
- Semi-annual bonus eligibility (July and December)
- Company funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - a separate qualified retirement account
- Up to $10,000 in annual tuition reimbursement
- Other company funded benefits, like life and disability insurance
- Optional zero deductible Blue Cross/Blue Shield health insurance plan
- Track Record of Success: We have grown every year since our founding in 1993
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is a 100% employee-owned engineering services and solutions company that provides high-demand technical expertise in Digital Transformation, Modeling and Simulation, Rapid Capability Development, Test and Evaluation, Artificial Intelligence, Autonomy, Cybersecurity and Mission Assurance.
MTSI delivers capabilities to solve problems of global importance. Founded in 1993, MTSI today has employees at over 20 offices and field sites worldwide.
For more information about MTSI, please visit www.mtsi-va.com.
As a Space Systems Modeling and Simulation Analyst, you will provide modeling and simulation support for SDA, reporting to the SDA modeling and simulation lead. You will utilize your expertise in multiple space-based modeling and simulation tools, including AFSIM and STK, to model the performance of the SDA constellation, develop the system architecture for future Tranches, and react to quick-turn analysis of alternatives. You will conduct critical analyses that will shape the future of the SDA system design and present these results to SDA leadership. This position will be located in Chantilly, VA however, hybrid arrangements are possible. Occasional travel may be required.
Your essential job functions will include but may not be limited to:
- Developing models of the SDA space vehicles and constellation architecture in AFSIM and STK.
- Integrating new model development with existing models sourced from both MTSI and SDA.
- Running analyses of the performance of the integrated SDA system in AFSIM and STK, including, but not limited to:
- Network performance and load modeling.
- User coverage and access.
- Link budget analyses.
- Network topology design.
- Rapidly responding to performance questions from SDA leadership.
- Developing design reference missions to be used by SDA space and ground vendors to demonstrate requirements satisfaction and assessment of the vendor performance against those reference missions.
- Creating customized analysis products and tools to demonstrate the ability of the SDA constellation to satisfy warfighter requirements.
- Developing model inputs to replicate systems or concepts and analysis subjects and assisting software developers who program models to produce the outputs.
- Interpreting model results and presenting analysis results to SDA leadership, including the agency directors and the SDA Warfighter Council.
- Attending project meetings and reviews to include technical interchange meetings, design reviews, and program management reviews. Assisting the Government in analyzing contractor concept designs at the system and subsystem levels.
- 3+ years’ experience with mission-level modeling and simulation tools i.e., AFSIM, Suppressor, or EADSIM.
- Thorough knowledge of modeling and simulation methodologies required, especially developing experimental designs, executing study plans and constructing scenario elements.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, especially PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Python development experience.
- C++ development experience.
- Understanding of network performance models.
- Experience working in an Agile software development environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in aerospace engineering, mechanical engineering, systems engineering, physics, computer science, mathematics, or a closely related field from an accredited university.
- STK Level II (or higher) certification, (DESIRED).
- Active Secret Clearance, (to start).
- Active TS with SCI Eligibility, (Required to maintain position).
Opportunities at MTSI
- Software Engineer - Big Data Chantilly,Virginia 03/30/2023
- Senior Cybersecurity Engineer Washington,DC 03/30/2023
- Data Analysis/Engineering Intern- Graduate Level Mountain View,California 03/30/2023
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.