Execution Team LeadLocation: Colorado Springs, Colorado Categories: Engineering Req ID: 2022-7246 Potential to Telecommute: Hybrid
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI), is seeking an Execution Team Lead in Colorado Springs, CO.
At MTSI, our more than 1,300 co-owners recognize the high demand for specialized professionals within our industry and that you have many options to choose. As an employee owned company where culture matters, we believe that by investing in our people we are investing in our company’s future!
MTSI’s core capabilities run deep across a multitude of areas to include Systems Engineering & Technical Assistance, Integration, Modeling & Simulation, Test & Evaluation, Acquisitions & Program Support, and Mission Assurance services. Our expertise includes ballistic missile defense, air defense, air vehicle survivability, unmanned aircraft, flight test operations, intelligence support, cyber security, space and homeland defense.
Join MTSI this year in celebrating our 27th consecutive year in business and consecutive growth. Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in our industry. All new co-workers start accruing PTO at a rate of 20 days plus 10 federal holidays, 6% 401k company match with immediate vesting, semi-annual bonuses, and eligibility to participate in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). We offer other employee focused benefits, including up to $10k in tuition reimbursement and an optional zero dollar deductible BCBS health insurance plan.
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
Job Description:Candidate will operate primarily out of a government facility supporting the Missile Defense Agency’s Digital Modeling and Simulation program. This position involves hands-on support for MDA’s Digital Missile Defense System (MDS) simulation used in the assessment of MDA’s tactical systems. Tasks include leading team that will perform execution of a digital simulation software, supporting integration, testing, and execution of MDA formal activities. These tasks will primarily be performed in the local government facility but may also require some travel.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead for the Digital Simulation execution team.
- Designs and develops processes and procedures to perform the execution of the digital simulation system in support of MDA activities.
- Engineers Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Troubleshooting Procedures, and Recovery procedures for a software execution team.
- Manages asset and resources schedules in coordination with government schedules, objectives and events.
- Provides analysis of system engineering artifacts to support product development through use case engineering.
- Defines debug protocols for test hardware and software.
- Analyzes complex test cases and scenarios and reports results.
- Collaborates with other engineering groups to improve or upgrade product performance.
- Provides functional management of the execution team.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or related technical discipline and a minimum of five year's related experience.
- 15 years directly related experience. Additional relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Demonstrated understanding of software system execution support.
- This position requires the selected candidate have an active DoD Secret clearance with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance
- Experience developing resource schedules and team management artifacts.
- Experience writing operating procedures and system plans.
- Experience in formulating and defining system scope and objectives based on requirements documents
- Working knowledge of the Linux operating system (or other Unix variants)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Background using Jenkins, Ansible, and other automation technologies
- Data management experience
- Experience managing medium size teams (10 personnel)
Security Clearance Requirements:
- Position requires that candidate possess an active SECRET security clearance in order to access classified information. Inability to maintain a security clearance will result in candidate being ineligible to support this position.
Please Note: U.S. Citizenship is required for most MTSI positions.
Opportunities at MTSI
- Joint Simulation Environment - Deputy to the Chief Engineer Edwards Air Force Base,California 02/01/2023
- System Engineering Assurance Engineer Fort Belvoir,Virginia 02/03/2023
- Senior Budget Analyst Huntsville,Alabama 02/03/2023
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to email@example.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.