Senior Systems Engineer - DESLocation: Colorado Springs, Colorado Categories: Engineering Req ID: 2022-6772 Potential to Telecommute: No
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI), is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer in Colorado Springs, CO.
At MTSI, our more than 1,400 co-owners recognize the high demand for specialized professionals within our industry and that you have many options to choose. As an employee owned company where culture matters, we believe that by investing in our people we are investing in our company’s future!
MTSI’s core capabilities run deep across a multitude of areas to include Systems Engineering & Technical Assistance, Integration, Modeling & Simulation, Test & Evaluation, Acquisitions & Program Support, and Mission Assurance services. Our expertise includes ballistic missile defense, air defense, air vehicle survivability, unmanned aircraft, flight test operations, intelligence support, cybersecurity, space and homeland defense.
Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in our industry. Eligible new co-workers start with 20 days PTO plus 10 federal holidays, 6% 401k company match with immediate vesting, semi-annual bonuses, and eligibility to participate in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). We offer other employee focused benefits, including up to $10k in tuition reimbursement and an optional zero dollar deductible BCBS health insurance plan.
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
- The Senior Systems Engineer provides technical assistance to the Director of M&S Enterprise Engineering (M&S EE)
- Responsible for chairing design reviews, establishing architecture and design standards, managing Enterprise Integrated Product Teams (IPTs)
- Synchronizing M&S and digital engineering transformation across the Missile Defense Agency
- Perform engineering duties to elicit stakeholder requirements and mission needs
- Define functional requirements
- Draft and review technical documents
- Serve as executive agent for technical reviews
- Facilitate M&S and digital engineering transformation initiatives
- Represent M&S EE in agency tiger teams and working groups
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Master of Science in STEM field and 12+ years of relevant experience
- Active Secret Clearance
- Demonstrated understanding of systems engineering, software engineering, hardware/software integration, and data engineering disciplines across the system lifecycle (i.e. requirements, design, development, test, and deployment)
- Demonstrated understanding of project management disciplines (i.e. scheduling, requirements management, risk management, budgeting, execution, monitoring, and reporting)
- Understanding of DoD acquisition and budgeting processes and procedures
- Ability to think critically (i.e. research, understand, analyze, synthesize, and critique), creating solutions to new and one-of-a-kind program challenges and issues as they arise
- Ability to propose, negotiate, and execute technical project plans and solutions which align with customer strategic goals--proposing courses of action based on overarching leadership goals and objectives
- Experience writing, presenting, and coordinating product and engineering plans, policies, and procedures
- Experience successfully leading matrixed, geographically diverse technical product and engineering project teams with differing perspectives and roles and responsibilities
- Ability to clearly communicate complex ideas and produce and present clear, concise, well-organized, and audience-relevant presentations and documents
- Ability to create a positive, collaborative working relationship with representatives and stakeholders from external organizations
- Skilled in using Microsoft Office products to communicate technical and programmatic information
- Clearly communicates complex ideas; produces and presents clear, well-organized presentations, in relevant terms for audiences at all levels
- Experience managing software intensive systems and system-of-systems
- Experience with Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) processes and tools, such as IBM Harmony and IBM Rhapsody
- Doctorate Degree a plus
- Experience with DoDAF and modeling languages, tools, and products, especially with application to M&S
- Demonstrated experience with data technologies such as data pipelines, data services, operational data stores, data warehouses, and data marts
- Experience designing and implementing cloud-based, enterprise-wide architecture and data solutions
- Knowledge of statistical and predictive modeling, machine learning, artificial intelligence, and other algorithms
- Understanding of digital engineering and the DoD and MDA initiatives to transform from traditional to digital systems engineering
- Ability to create and maintain data governance processes in collaboration with data users
- Exposure to analysis, test, and systems engineering of M&S for one or more elements of the BMDS (i.e. Patriot, THAAD, GMD, Sensors, or C2)
- Experience performing requirements analysis, trade studies, technology refresh and insertion planning and maturity assessments
Opportunities at MTSI
- Mechanical/Structural Engineering SME Huntsville,Alabama 12/02/2022
- Principal Model Based Systems Engineer - MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
- Junior Model Based Systems Engineer / MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to email@example.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.