Systems Engineering InternLocation: Colorado Springs, Colorado Categories: Intern Req ID: 2023-7451 Potential to Telecommute: No
Own Your Future.
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is seeking a Systems Engineering Intern in our Colorado Springs, CO location.
Why is MTSI known as a Great Place to Work?
- Interesting Work: Our co-workers support some of the most important and critical programs to our national defense and security.
- Values: Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry.
- 100% Employee Ownership: we have a stake in each other's success, and the success of our customers. It's also nice to know what's going on across the company; we have company wide town-hall meetings three times a year.
- Great Benefits - Most Full-Time Staff Are Eligible for:
- Starting PTO accrual of 20 days PTO/year + 10 holidays/year
- Flexible schedules
- 6% 401k match with immediate vesting
- Semi-annual bonus eligibility (July and December)
- Company funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - a separate qualified retirement account
- Up to $10,000 in annual tuition reimbursement
- Other company funded benefits, like life and disability insurance
- Optional zero deductible Blue Cross/Blue Shield health insurance plan
- Track Record of Success: We have grown every year since our founding in 1993
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is a 100% employee-owned engineering services and solutions company that provides high-demand technical expertise in Digital Transformation, Modeling and Simulation, Rapid Capability Development, Test and Evaluation, Artificial Intelligence, Autonomy, Cybersecurity and Mission Assurance.
MTSI delivers capabilities to solve problems of global importance. Founded in 1993, MTSI today has employees at over 20 offices and field sites worldwide.
For more information about MTSI, please visit www.mtsi-va.com.
MTSI is seeking a driven Systems Engineer to participate in a close-knit innovative team to engineer and manage enterprise-wide Modeling and Simulation (M&S) solutions for the Missile Defense Agency (MDA). The systems engineer shall contribute technical expertise on threat systems, participate in model-based system engineering (MBSE) activities, Requirements Verification, M&S Verification, Validation and Accreditation (VV&A) and will contribute the overall advancement of MDA M&S mission.
Position Description: Systems Engineer, Modeling and Simulation Operations
- Have a basic understanding of the Missile Defense System integration and operations processes.
- Develop software applications used to parse and analyze non-standard formatted log files.
- Familiarize with container build, integration, deployment and orchestration tools and concepts.
- Assist with providing solutions to high-volume (at-scale) data management problems.
- Work towards obtaining Security+ certification
Position Description: Systems Engineer, Requirements Verification and M&S Verification, Validation and Accreditation (VV&A)
- Have a basic understanding of the systems engineering technical process with emphasis on requirements verification and Modeling and Simulation (M&S) Verification, Validation and Accreditation (VV&A).
- Conducted routine upkeep and maintenance on the Core Truth Model (CTM) Models Database, an MDA/DE tool that lists / tracks each known CTM, along with its current accreditation status, allowing users to have an auditable repository of all pertinent CTM VV&A information.
- Conducted routine upkeep and maintenance on the CTM Terminology Database, an MDA/DE tool containing definitions / descriptions of all the Objective Simulation Framework (OSF) truth models necessary to meet the Ground Test (GT) requirements defined in the System Requirements Document (SRD).
- Convert both CTM databases from MS Access to SQL Server so the databases can be accessed directly from the MDA/SEU UMKO portal page without having to download a full copy of the Access database to the user's computer.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree (STEM related field).
- Familiarity with Python programming language.
- Familiarity with MATLAB programming language.
- Familiarity with MS Access and SQL Server.
- Ability to obtain/maintain a US government security clearance
Opportunities at MTSI
- First-Flight Test Director Edwards Air Force Base,California 02/18/2023
- Software Engineer - Big Data Chantilly,Virginia 03/30/2023
- Senior Cybersecurity Engineer Washington,DC 03/30/2023
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to email@example.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.