Threat Systems EngineerLocation: Colorado Springs, Colorado Categories: Engineering Req ID: 2023-7341 Potential to Telecommute: No
Own Your Future.
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI), is seeking a Threat Systems Engineer in Colorado Springs, CO.
Why is MTSI known as a Great Place to Work?
- Interesting Work: Our co-workers support some of the most important and critical programs to our national defense and security.
- Values: Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry.
- 100% Employee Ownership: we have a stake in each other's success, and the success of our customers. It's also nice to know what's going on across the company; we have company wide town-hall meetings three times a year.
- Great Benefits - Most Full-Time Staff Are Eligible for:
- Starting PTO accrual of 20 days PTO/year + 10 holidays/year
- Flexible schedules
- 6% 401k match with immediate vesting
- Semi-annual bonus eligibility (July and December)
- Company funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - a separate qualified retirement account
- Up to $10,000 in annual tuition reimbursement
- Other company funded benefits, like life and disability insurance
- Optional zero deductible Blue Cross/Blue Shield health insurance plan
- Track Record of Success: We have grown every year since our founding in 1993
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is a 100% employee-owned engineering services and solutions company that provides high-demand technical expertise in Digital Transformation, Modeling and Simulation, Rapid Capability Development, Test and Evaluation, Artificial Intelligence, Autonomy, Cybersecurity and Mission Assurance.
MTSI delivers capabilities to solve problems of global importance. Founded in 1993, MTSI today has employees at over 20 offices and field sites worldwide.
For more information about MTSI, please visit www.mtsi-va.com.
The Threat Systems Engineer provides technical assistance to the Director of M&S Enterprise Engineering (M&S EE), who is responsible for chairing design reviews, establishing architecture and design standards, managing Enterprise Integrated Product Teams (IPTs), and synchronizing M&S and digital engineering transformation across the Agency. This position performs engineering duties to elicit stakeholder requirements and mission needs, define functional requirements, draft and review technical documents, support technical reviews, and participate in agency tiger teams and working groups.
- BS/BA degree and 7+ years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated understanding of threat data generation for simulation and MDA threat specifications.
- Demonstrated understanding of Electro-Optic and Infra-red threat data used in MDS M&S.
- Ability to recognize shortfalls in threat data generation and how technology advances can improve threat representations.
- Ability to think critically (i.e. research, understand, analyze, synthesize, and critique), creating solutions to new and one-of-a-kind threat challenges and issues as they arise.
- Ability to propose technical project plans and solutions which align with customer strategic goals.
- Experience writing, presenting, and coordinating product and engineering plans, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to clearly communicate complex ideas and produce and present clear, concise, well-organized, and audience-relevant presentations and documents.
- Ability to create a positive, collaborative working relationship with representatives and stakeholders from external organizations.
- Skilled in using Microsoft Office products to communicate technical and programmatic information.
- Understanding of MDA and its threat processes and organizational elements, especially as used in M&S venues.
- Experience with Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) processes and tools, such as IBM Harmony and IBM Rhapsody.
- Exposure to analysis, test, and systems engineering of M&S for one or more elements of the MDS (i.e. Patriot, THAAD, GMD, Sensors, or C2)
- Understanding of digital engineering and the DoD and MDA initiatives to transform from traditional to digital systems engineering.
- Experience performing requirements analysis, trade studies, technology refresh and insertion planning and maturity assessments.
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $105,000/year to $140,000/year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on established government contract rates, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience, and other factors. MTSI also offers a full range of medical, financial, and other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via MTSI’s internal or external careers site
Opportunities at MTSI
- First-Flight Test Director Edwards Air Force Base,California 02/18/2023
- Software Engineer - Big Data Chantilly,Virginia 03/30/2023
- Senior Cybersecurity Engineer Washington,DC 03/30/2023
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.