5th Generation Fighter Simulation Pilot / EngineerLocation: Edwards Air Force Base, California Categories: Test Engineering Req ID: 2022-7061 Potential to Telecommute: No
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is seeking a 5th Generation Fighter Simulation Pilot / Engineer to join our growing team at Edwards Air Force Base in California.
At MTSI, our more than 1,500 co-owners recognize the high demand for specialized professionals within our industry and that you have many options to choose. As an employee owned company where culture matters, we believe that by investing in our people we are investing in our company’s future!
MTSI’s core capabilities are Systems Engineering and Integration, Modeling and Simulation, Test and Evaluation, Acquisition and Program Support, and Mission Assurance services. Our expertise includes ballistic missile defense, air defense, air vehicle survivability, unmanned aircraft, flight test operations, intelligence support, and cyber/space/homeland defense.
Recognized as an "employee comes first" company with over 27 years of consecutive growth we challenge our co-owners to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry. Day one all new co-workers begin accruing 20 days PTO, 6% 401k match with immediate vesting, semi-annual bonuses, and eligibility to participate in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). We offer other employee focused benefits, including up to $10k in tuition reimbursement and an optional zero dollar deductible BCBS health insurance plan.
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
To support the Joint Simulation Environment (JSE) a successful applicant will possess the ability to understand air vehicle system architecture, design and subsystems integration and mission systems avionics. The selected candidate will have 5-20 years hands on experience (salary will be competitive, based on experience) with aerospace systems, including a minimum of 1 year experience working with 5th generation fighter aircraft or sensors fusion.
The 5th Generation Fighter Simulation Pilot/Engineer will:
• Support and assist in developing test planning, test conduct, test processes, test reports, operation procedures, data deliverables.
• Configure the battle space, post-test reconfigurations and preparing the virtual environment with customer defined threat laydowns.
• Develop and implement threat configurations, SUT configurations and weapons configurations.
• Operate and act as the role of a flyer/operator within the simulation environment.
• Instruct, mentor and demonstrate to fellow flyers and engineers the threat system, operations, sensor systems, communication and navigation systems, and PVI.
• Support modeling and simulation support for the development, upgrade, operations and integration of live, virtual, and constructive simulations of flying quality, air-frame, propulsion, avionics, sensors, weapons, and electronic warfare mission areas.
• Provide engineering support for test planning working groups, design reviews and any other related testing activities.
• Develop operational training programs and department policy.
• Possess recent 5th generation fighter program experience as either a pilot, test engineer or developmental engineer
• Possess subject matter expert level knowledge of fifth generation fighter aircrafts mission systems design and integration and sensors fusion through recent experience as a pilot or engineer in either a test unit (DT or OT), or developmental organization (Air Force or contractor).
• Build a detailed understanding and knowledge of Joint Simulation Environment (JSE) capabilities and limitations, and use that knowledge to advise DT and OT organizations to optimize their use of the JSE.
• Possess and use excellent written and oral communication skills as well as persuasion skills to advocate for various JSE stakeholder needs
• Mentor junior employees and actively participates in their professional development
• Maintain a willingness to accept changing and evolving roles & responsibilities in support of customers’ requirements and need
5+ years of direct hands on experience designing, operating, or testing aerospace systems, including a minimum of 1 year working on 5th generation fighter aircraft or sensor fusion.
The following experience is desired but not required:
• Graduate of an accredited Test Pilot School is desired
• Developmental Test and Operational Test operations experience is desired.
• Previous experience as a Military Pilot, Test Conductor or Test Director is desired.
• Experience with or knowledge of systems engineering processes and procedures is desired.
• Experience leading cross functional teams comprised of engineering, program management and technicians to successfully execute development and fielding of complex products is desired.
BS in engineering or equivalent with number of years of experience determining level of position filled.
Active Secret Clearance and ability to attain TS/SCI, and appropriate program access required.
U.S. Citizenship is required
Opportunities at MTSI
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.