Emerging Technologies Mid – Sr. Level Flight Test EngineerLocation: Edwards Air Force Base, California Categories: Test Engineering Req ID: 2022-7200 Potential to Telecommute: No
Own Your Future.
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is seeking an Emerging Technologies Mid – Sr. Level Flight Test Engineer to support our operations at Edwards AFB in Lancaster, CA.
Why is MTSI known as a Great Place to Work?
- Interesting Work: Our co-workers support some of the most important and critical programs to our national defense and security.
- Values: Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry.
- 100% Employee Ownership: we have a stake in each other's success, and the success of our customers. It's also nice to know what's going on across the company; we have company wide town-hall meetings three times a year.
- Great Benefits - Most Full-Time Staff Are Eligible for:
- Starting PTO accrual of 20 days PTO/year + 10 holidays/year
- Flexible schedules
- 6% 401k match with immediate vesting
- Semi-annual bonus eligibility (July and December)
- Company funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - a separate qualified retirement account
- Up to $10,000 in annual tuition reimbursement
- Other company funded benefits, like life and disability insurance
- Optional zero deductible Blue Cross/Blue Shield health insurance plan
- Track Record of Success: We have grown every year since our founding in 1993
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
To support the Emerging Technologies (ET) Combined Test Force (CTF) as a Flight Test Engineer: Plan, lead/execute and report small and large UAS flight test, as well as other emerging technology projects. Ensure that all test are accomplished within the constraints of vehicle system limitations. The selected candidate must have experience as a Flight Test Engineer and in the following phases of test planning preparation, execution and reporting:
• Participation in and support of test program design reviews, schedule meetings, liaison with test ranges. Etc.
• Maturity and professionalism to lead the execution of flight test briefings and missions and oversee a team of discipline engineers.
• Write and review flight test and safety plans.
• Prior experience as a Test Conductor and/or Test Director
• Monitor performance parameters of experimental and operational systems during flights.
• Provide integrated engineering support for, test planning working groups, test card preparation, and generation of post-flight and formal reports.
• Must work well in a team environment as well as independently.
• Position requires willingness to accept changing and evolving roles & responsibilities in support of customers’ requirements and needs.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience
• Experience with UAS is desired
• Military experience with UAS highly desired but not required
• Experience as an aircrew member (Pilot, EWO, NAV, etc.) is desired
• Experience mentoring more junior FTEs and engineers is desired
• Private Pilot license is a plus but not required
• Test Pilot Graduate a plus but not required for this mid-to-senior level FTE position
• Proven leaderships skills able to lead a small team in successful flight testing
• Prior or Current Project Safety Lead (PSL) and Test Safety Officer (TSO) qualification desired
Bachelor of Science in technical field required
Active Secret Clearance is required or Top-Secret security clearance desired
U.S. Citizenship required
Opportunities at MTSI
- Joint Simulation Environment - Deputy to the Chief Engineer Edwards Air Force Base,California 02/01/2023
- System Engineering Assurance Engineer Fort Belvoir,Virginia 02/03/2023
- Senior Budget Analyst Huntsville,Alabama 02/03/2023
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to email@example.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.