F-35 Flight Test Engineer, Test Conductor/Test DirectorLocation: Edwards Air Force Base, California Categories: Test Engineering Req ID: 2022-6956 Potential to Telecommute: No
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is seeking an F-35 Flight Test Engineer, Test Conductor/Test Director to join our growing team at Edwards AFB in Lancaster, CA.
At MTSI, our more than 1,500 co-owners recognize the high demand for specialized professionals within our industry and that you have many options to choose. As an employee owned company where culture matters, we believe that by investing in our people we are investing in our company’s future!
MTSI’s core capabilities are Systems Engineering and Integration, Modeling and Simulation, Test and Evaluation, Acquisition and Program Support, and Mission Assurance services. Our expertise includes ballistic missile defense, air defense, air vehicle survivability, unmanned aircraft, flight test operations, intelligence support, and cyber/space/homeland defense.
Recognized as an "employee comes first" company with over 27 years of consecutive growth we challenge our co-owners to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry. Day one all new co-workers begin accruing 20 days PTO, 6% 401k match with immediate vesting, semi-annual bonuses, and eligibility to participate in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). We offer other employee focused benefits, including up to $10k in tuition reimbursement and an optional zero dollar deductible BCBS health insurance plan.
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
This role will provide direct support the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program. This individual will possess the ability to understand air vehicle system architecture, design and subsystems integration and mission systems avionics. Incumbent will understand and track system operation limitations and ensure test execution is accomplished within the constraints of vehicle system limitations. The selected candidate will have 4-10 years direct hands on experience (salary will be competitive, based on experience) in the following phases of test planning preparation, execution and reporting:
• Perform mechanical/electrical review of aircraft systems, sub-systems, and components to ensure proper test plans and data collection in flight test
• Experience in flight test of avionics systems, weapons, live fires, and sensor testing
• Monitor performance parameters of experimental and operational systems during flights
• Participate in development of the overall plans such as the TEMP, Test Points, test cards, etc.
• Provide integrated engineering support for design reviews, test planning working groups, test card prep, execution, and post flight reports
• Participates in and supports test program for design reviews, schedule meeting, liaison with test ranges, etc.
• Generate post flight mission reports and other detailed formal reports
• Minimum of 4 years of direct hands on experience in all phases of planning, executing and managing flight tests
• Previous experience with Air to Air and Air to Ground weapons
• Previous experience in flight testing fighter or bomber aircraft
• Successful candidate will have a reputation of being a team player and possess a passion for flight test
• Possess maturity and professionalism to lead the execution of a flight test missions, briefings and oversee team of discipline engineers in Mission Control Room
• Position requires willingness to accept changing and evolving roles & responsibilities in support of customers’ requirements and need
• Ability to work well in a team environment as well as independently
• Operational experience with fighter aircraft is highly desired
• Test Pilot Graduate a plus
• Private Pilot license is a plus
• Previous experience as aircrew member (Pilot, EWO, NAV, etc.) desired
• Previous experience in Mission Systems and/or Aero Performance/Flight Envelope Expansion and Vehicle Subsystems performance is a plus
• Experience in Electronic Warfare and RF/IR CM desired
Bachelor’s degree in technical field or equivalent with number of years of experience determining level of position filled.
Active Secret Clearance required. Top Secret Clearance desired.
Opportunities at MTSI
- Mechanical/Structural Engineering SME Huntsville,Alabama 12/02/2022
- Principal Model Based Systems Engineer - MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
- Junior Model Based Systems Engineer / MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to email@example.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.