Flight Test Engineer, Test Conductor, F-22 ProgramsLocation: Edwards Air Force Base, California Categories: Test Engineering Req ID: 2022-7141 Potential to Telecommute: No
Own Your Future.
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is seeking a Flight Test Engineer, Test Conductor, F-22 Programs to support our Edwards AFB operations in Lancaster, CA.
Why is MTSI known as a Great Place to Work?
- Interesting Work: Our co-workers support some of the most important and critical programs to our national defense and security.
- Values: Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry.
- 100% Employee Ownership: we have a stake in each other's success, and the success of our customers. It's also nice to know what's going on across the company; we have company wide town-hall meetings three times a year.
- Great Benefits - Most Full-Time Staff Are Eligible for:
- Starting PTO accrual of 20 days PTO/year + 10 holidays/year
- Flexible schedules
- 6% 401k match with immediate vesting
- Semi-annual bonus eligibility (July and December)
- Company funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - a separate qualified retirement account
- Up to $10,000 in annual tuition reimbursement
- Other company funded benefits, like life and disability insurance
- Optional zero deductible Blue Cross/Blue Shield health insurance plan
- Track Record of Success: We have grown every year since our founding in 1993
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is a 100% employee-owned engineering services and solutions company that provides high-demand technical expertise in Digital Transformation, Modeling and Simulation, Rapid Capability Development, Test and Evaluation, Artificial Intelligence, Autonomy, Cybersecurity and Mission Assurance.
MTSI delivers capabilities to solve problems of global importance. Founded in 1993, MTSI today has employees at over 20 offices and field sites worldwide.
For more information about MTSI, please visit www.mtsi-va.com.
This Flight Test Engineer will serve as Test Conductor and Test Director during flight test mission execution, as well as be responsible for pre-mission planning and post-mission reporting. Responsibilities may also include test plan and test card writing, and long-range planning.
This individual is responsible for planning, execution, and reporting of flight test for the F-22 platform as a Test Conductor and/or Test Director. The following specific duties are anticipated:
• Author and review ground and flight test plans and test cards.
• Author and review flight test safety plans.
• Schedule resources for tests and coordinate with many engineering disciplines and outside agencies to ensure successful test execution.
• Lead test mission briefs as a Test Conductor or Test Director.
• Lead the execution of test missions as a Test Conductor or Test Director.
• Complete post-test mission reporting requirements.
• Other duties in-line with MTSI’s core value to “Own and Solve our Customer’s Problems.”
• Approximately 10% travel may be required.
- Minimum of 3 - 10 years of relevant experience in all phases of planning, executing and managing flight tests and a reputation of being a team player.
- Maturity and professionalism to lead the execution of a flight test missions, briefings and oversee team of discipline engineers in Mission Control Room.
- Work well in a team environment as well as independently.
- Experience generating post flight mission reports and other detailed formal reports.
- Position requires willingness to accept changing and evolving roles & responsibilities in support of customers’ requirements and need.
- Developmental Test and Operational Test operations experience.
- Previous experience in flight testing fighter or bomber aircraft.
- Experience flight test of avionics systems, weapons, live fires and releases, and sensor testing.
- Experience in Electronic Warfare and RF/IR Countermeasures.
- Previous experience in aero performance/flight envelope expansion.
A bachelors degree in a STEM field of study is required.
Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility and ability to attain special program access is required. A Secret clearance may be acceptable to start.
U.S. Citizenship is required
Opportunities at MTSI
- C3BM Advanced Engineer Huntsville,Alabama 03/21/2023
- Senior Software Test Engineer Beavercreek,Ohio 02/24/2023
- Senior C3BM Systems Engineer Huntsville,Alabama 03/20/2023
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.