Performance and Flying Qualities Test EngineerLocation: Edwards Air Force Base, California Categories: Test Engineering Req ID: 2022-6690 Potential to Telecommute: No
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is seeking a Performance / Flying Qualities Test Engineer to join our growing team at Edwards Air Force Base, in Lancaster, CA.
At MTSI, our more than 1,300 co-owners recognize the high demand for specialized professionals within our industry and that you have many options to choose. As an employee owned company where culture matters, we believe that by investing in our people we are investing in our company’s future!
MTSI’s core capabilities are Systems Engineering and Integration, Modeling and Simulation, Test and Evaluation, Acquisition and Program Support, and Mission Assurance services. Our expertise includes ballistic missile defense, air defense, air vehicle survivability, unmanned aircraft, flight test operations, intelligence support, and cyber/space/homeland defense.
Recognized as an "employee comes first" company with over 27 years of consecutive growth we challenge our co-owners to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry. Day one all new co-workers begin accruing PTO at a rate of 20 days, 6% 401k match with immediate vesting, semi-annual bonuses, and eligibility to participate in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). We offer other employee focused benefits, including up to $10k in tuition reimbursement and an optional zero dollar deductible BCBS health insurance plan.
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is seeking a Performance and Flying Qualities Flight Test Engineer that will be supporting emerging programs. This role will provide engineering guidance to support the development and test of advanced aircraft. This individual will interact daily with Air Force program managers and industry subject matter experts across multiple domains to assist the government with technical assessments, strategic planning, flight test, and analysis.
The essential job functions will include but may not be limited to:
- Reviewing contractor and government prepared technical data to assess readiness for flight testing
- Writing and reviewing test plans for military aircraft performance and flying qualities flight test
- Participating in real-time execution of performance and flying qualities flight test programs in a safety critical role
- Reviewing and analyzing flight test results
- Writing technical flight test reports summarizing testing completed
- Working with a team as a key member
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with 8 years of related engineering experience, or Master’s degree in engineering with a minimum of 6 years of related experience.
- Experience with performance and flying qualities design and/or flight test
- Ability to successfully complete assigned tasks with minimal supervision and oversight.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication and organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Must have excellent computer skills, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Top Secret Clearance with SCI/SAP eligibility
- Control Room experience, test plan development & data analysis experience are highly desired.
- Experience in the use of MATLAB and IADS a strong plus.
Routine travel to remote work locations may be required.
Must possess an active TS clearance with SCI/SAP eligibility.
US Citizenship required
Opportunities at MTSI
- Mechanical/Structural Engineering SME Huntsville,Alabama 12/02/2022
- Principal Model Based Systems Engineer - MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
- Junior Model Based Systems Engineer / MBSE Digital Engineering Alexandria,Virginia 10/11/2022
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.