Weapons Program Development Analyst AFGSC A5/8Location: Eglin Air Force Base, Florida Categories: Analyst Req ID: 2022-7214 Potential to Telecommute: No
Own Your Future.
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is seeking a Weapons Program Development Analyst to support the Air Force Global Strick Command A5/8 for our operations at Eglin AFB in Ft. Walton Beach, FL.
Why is MTSI known as a Great Place to Work?
- Interesting Work: Our co-workers support some of the most important and critical programs to our national defense and security.
- Values: Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry.
- 100% Employee Ownership: we have a stake in each other's success, and the success of our customers. It's also nice to know what's going on across the company; we have company wide town-hall meetings three times a year.
- Great Benefits - Most Full-Time Staff Are Eligible for:
- Starting PTO accrual of 20 days PTO/year + 10 holidays/year
- Flexible schedules
- 6% 401k match with immediate vesting
- Semi-annual bonus eligibility (July and December)
- Company funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - a separate qualified retirement account
- Up to $10,000 in annual tuition reimbursement
- Other company funded benefits, like life and disability insurance
- Optional zero deductible Blue Cross/Blue Shield health insurance plan
- Track Record of Success: We have grown every year since our founding in 1993
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
This is a HQ AFGSC staff role focusing on the research, writing, and staffing of a new Capabilities Development Document (CDD) or other similar JCIDS products.
This individual, working with AFGSC, ACC, USSTRATCOM, Headquarters USAF, AFNWC, AFRL and other PEO/SPO/technology related offices, shall lead the development of acquisition/JCIDS and requirements related documents to support the development of new advanced technology concepts. Work will include leading SMEs, analysts and High Performance Teams (HPT) to oversee the production and staffing of JCIDS documents; coordination of documents through the AFROC and JROC processes; briefing and supporting senior staff officers for the advancement of new technologies.
Additionally will serve as a command headquarters level program analyst, applying Air Force acquisitions, JCIDS and weapon systems experience, to develop, plan, organize, and determine necessary budgeting, policies, regulations, directives, doctrine, and procedures for the establishment and sustainment of assigned programs.
This position requires frequent travel to provide command inputs for advanced program acquisition decisions through technical interchanges and meetings with contractors, Program Managers, other MAJCOMs and HAF. The successful candidate will be a high-performer, comfortable operating in multidisciplinary teams of industry, government and military personnel consisting of engineers, analysts, scientists, and government SMEs.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience performing in a similar role
• Previous JCIDS document development experience
• Possess strong knowledge and understanding of national, DoD and US Air Force statutory and regulatory policies, directives and procedures relating to acquisition, PPBE and JCIDS activities as well as HAF/MAJCOM/NAF experience with programs entering the Materiel Solution Analysis (MSA) phase and continuing through the acquisition lifecycle (ICD, AoA, Milestones, PDR, CDR, IOT&E, etc.).
• Possess strong ability to work with minimal oversight and have demonstrated leadership and customer interface skills. Additionally, the candidate must have good analytic skills, be capable of operating in a multi-tasking environment, and have strong verbal and written communications skills.
• Must be able to travel monthly.
• Previous experience writing Capabilities Development Document (CDD) or similar product highly desired.
• DAU requirements certification and HQ Staff level Requirements Development experience highly desired
• Bomber/ICBM background highly desired.
• Bachelor’s degree is required. Master’s degree is highly desired. Degrees in technical/engineering fields are highly desired.
Security Clearance Requirements:
Active Top Secret SCI Security Clearance based on a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI), SSBI Periodic Reinvestigation (SSBI-PR), or a Phased Periodic Reinvestigation or equivalent investigation current within 6 years.
Previous SCI or Special Access Program (SAP) experience is required.
Candidate will be subject to polygraph and drug testing upon request as a condition of employment.
U.S. Citizenship required
Opportunities at MTSI
- Joint Simulation Environment - Deputy to the Chief Engineer Edwards Air Force Base,California 02/01/2023
- System Engineering Assurance Engineer Fort Belvoir,Virginia 02/03/2023
- Senior Budget Analyst Huntsville,Alabama 02/03/2023
MTSI maintains an outstanding work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, the opportunity to be an employee-owner, and challenging work assignments with significant opportunities for advancement/career growth. To be considered for employment opportunities at MTSI, you must complete an online application.
EEO Statement: MTSI embraces nine core values including our first core value of Employees come first. Consistent with our Core Values, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law. MTSI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with MTSI and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to email@example.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
MTSI posts all open positions of employment here on our official website Careers page. MTSI Recruiters will always make direct personal contact with candidates by either speaking directly via telephone call, face-to-face video conference, or in-person, and will never conduct interviews or extend offers of employment via text or using messaging applications. If you believe you may be the victim of employment fraud, we encourage you to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) thru their website: reportfraud.ftc.gov.